Clarkrange vs Meigs County

BigFan1966

I'm in no way bashing you or Clarkrange at all... But...they play a VERY physical style of basketball. I knew that eventually that CRange would meet some officials that call all of the fouls. Which for sure sounds like what happened today. Clarkrange will be very good next year. Should be their best team since the 09 "dream team"

I was at the game and to me it looked like Lamar made the officials mad so they decided they were going to call it tight and they did. Meigs was the better team yesterday when it counted the most and thats all that matters. I thought some of the CR players threw temper tantrums on the floor which in turn made the refs call it even closer. This was a great ball game between two very good teams which is they way its suppose to be isn't it?

Didn't blow through, girls lost District Championship and Region Championship to Grace but went on the road and beat a VERY VERY good CLOUDLAND team in OT. So if that's blowing through that's what they did.GO LTs

boys blew through and girls only close games was grace in championhip (both by 1 pt )a private school cmon man i am not saying anything bad about meigs just looking at schedule and i know they moved from double a to single a and didnt really have any competition just facts look at schedule

Meigs Co. was the faster and more athletic team! 

You nailed it!  Plus, the Clarkrange girls got frustrated trying to stay with the Meigs' girls and lost their composure several times.  Someone mentioned in another thread that based on the Tennessean article Clarkrange felt it was their right to be there, and Meigs felt it was a privilege to be there.  Resting on your laurels will get you beat!

boys blew through and girls only close games was grace in championhip (both by 1 pt )a private school cmon man i am not saying anything bad about meigs just looking at schedule and i know they moved from double a to single a and didnt really have any competition just facts look at schedule

The boys and girls both played some good teams this summer and in tournaments but for the most part you're exactly right.

Maybe Clarkrange got those kinds of calls/no-calls throughout the year and weren't prepared when the game was called better. I don't know, wasn't there. You have 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter, execute your screens better. Nearly half of the FT attempts were in the last quarter so that sounds like some of it was to try and stop the clock.

Maybe Clarkrange got those kinds of calls/no-calls throughout the year and weren't prepared when the game was called better. I don't know, wasn't there. You have 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter, execute your screens better. Nearly half of the FT attempts were in the last quarter so that sounds like some of it was to try and stop the clock.

The moving screens for Clarkrange were blatantly obvious. I don't know how a coach could argue with those calls.

Meigs girls did exactly what they needed to win, congrats to them...but only a blind person would say officials did not play a role.  I have watched Lamar for years and this is the first time he has ever mentioned officiating after a loss.  Thats well over a 1000 games.  It's not that CR did not foul, they probably deserved 75% of the fouls.  It was the fact that Meigs was allowed to get by with all the fouls they did and not get called.  They walked on almost every possession, hammered the big girl down inside, pushed off in open court, and hand checked them in open court.  Not upset about the calls on CR, more upset about the calls that wasn't made against Meigs.  If you get by with it, keep doing it until you are called.

Once again, Meigs girls did what they had to win.  They hit free throws and when it got close they hit a couple of big shots to regain and extend their lead.  In no way is this post negative about Meigs girls.  We just expect more balanced officiating in the State Play-offs

CAN YOU SAY SCREWED BY 3 OF THE WORST OFFICIALS. MEIGS WENT 34 OF 41 FROM THE FOUL LINE, NO ONE CAN WIN AGAINST THAT. GOOD LUCK JACKSON COUNTY HOPE YOU GUYS CAN PULL IT OFF, BUT HOPE MORE YOU DONT GET THOSE 3 OFFICIALS!!

LMAO at the whining of some CR fans and especially coach Lamar Rogers. Cry me a river. Just accept that your team was vastly outcoached and outplayed. Did Lamar whine like a baby when other teams they played got more fouls than his team? Of course not! I would suggest Lamar watch the video of the game and learn something about coaching. Just having all the talent he recruited won't win every game when you can't coach and make adjustments during the game. Read the article and you'll see whining like you've never seen.  I hope the TSSAA reprimands him.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20140306/SPORTS07/303060097/Coach-Lamar-Rogers-rips-officiating-after-Clarkrange-loss

Someone must have forgot to tell the referees that 7A is suppose to get all the breaks. Its really kinda funny that when its not a 7A final then we got to blame somebody.

Let me vent alittle.......If Jackson County had of been in the lower bracket, they would have never made it it to the finals. Jackson County wont even break a sweat in the upper bracket, guess who is fresh in the championship game? Advantage Jackson County. Seems like every year this happens.

And you watch 7A will have more All State players than the rest of the state. One year Clark Range had 4 All State players, that is just crazy. West Tennessee had two All State players that same year.

PS 7Awatcher, sorry for those remarks but you are still my buddy.