Congratulations Blackman Ladies

Lost Old Dad

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I follow "A" ball and some "AA" ball mostly but have kept watch on Blarkman's season. Blackman being the top team in the nation is certainly something all Tennessee basketball fans can be proud of.

Two years in a row too! Riverdale did it last year. Pretty cool. Shows how strong womens basketball is in TN. I would expect Blackman would be #1 in the nation again next year. Don't they return all but one?

Is there any sort of postseason past this that Blackman could play in? Like on a national level? Or do the girls just begin their AAU circuit now?

That's it. The national title is just decided. Since they were #1 in the previous poll, they should be in the final one too.

You were VERY impressive in your win today.

Congratulations also for bringing Blackman its FIRST Gold Ball.

Don't be forgetting about those Golden Pom Poms, I think Blackman is up to about 8. Plus multiple National Championships!

You know they don't just hand those things out like there candy! :popcorneater:

I just read the article written by the Johnson City Press and I must say I find it very assuming for the reporter to say Science Hill would have won the gold ball had they gone to the tournament and not lost their point guard. I find it to be very condescending and disrespectful to the Blackman Lady Blaze who are not only #1 in the state but also in the country by all three prep polls and will likely be National Champions. Those girls have played one of the toughest schedules in the country and earned their championship the hard way as Riverdale has done in the past, you have to give them that respect just as we did for Riverdale I do understand that the article is from their hometown but there should also be some objectivity there also just for credibility. I believe Science Hill was a good team but we don't know how good because they didn't play any of the top in State teams and there are to many to name so it would have been nice to see them in the Turkey Jam or the Naples Florida or even the Riverdale Christmas Tournament because there was alot of tough competition there. Now Blackman did beat them in the summer but we know that doesn't count because teams get better but SH was just not able to match up with them and that was without Crystal Dangerfield so Blackman proved they could when without their pg but SH could not, I believe Mount Juliet, Bradley Central, Ridgeway, or Rossview would have been tough competition for them but I guess it's always great to speculate on what could have been. I hope to see SH in the big tournaments or play some of the top TN teams next year because they still have a good chance of making it to the Glass House next year they will struggle some like Riverdale did this year but Riverdale still took on the tough teams because that's what great competitors do. Just my humble opinion, I wish all the girls good luck in the future because I know they all work very hard and I am a supporter of all TN girls and cannot wait to watch some of them play in college and the high school gyms next season. Also can anyone tell me where Tianna Tarter will play next season, I would love to follow her also.

I just read the article written by the Johnson City Press and I must say I find it very assuming for the reporter to say Science Hill would have won the gold ball had they gone to the tournament and not lost their point guard. I find it to be very condescending and disrespectful to the Blackman Lady Blaze who are not only #1 in the state but also in the country by all three prep polls and will likely be National Champions. Those girls have played one of the toughest schedules in the country and earned their championship the hard way as Riverdale has done in the past, you have to give them that respect just as we did for Riverdale I do understand that the article is from their hometown but there should also be some objectivity there also just for credibility. I believe Science Hill was a good team but we don't know how good because they didn't play any of the top in State teams and there are to many to name so it would have been nice to see them in the Turkey Jam or the Naples Florida or even the Riverdale Christmas Tournament because there was alot of tough competition there. Now Blackman did beat them in the summer but we know that doesn't count because teams get better but SH was just not able to match up with them and that was without Crystal Dangerfield so Blackman proved they could when without their pg but SH could not, I believe Mount Juliet, Bradley Central, Ridgeway, or Rossview would have been tough competition for them but I guess it's always great to speculate on what could have been. I hope to see SH in the big tournaments or play some of the top TN teams next year because they still have a good chance of making it to the Glass House next year they will struggle some like Riverdale did this year but Riverdale still took on the tough teams because that's what great competitors do. Just my humble opinion, I wish all the girls good luck in the future because I know they all work very hard and I am a supporter of all TN girls and cannot wait to watch some of them play in college and the high school gyms next season. Also can anyone tell me where Tianna Tarter will play next season, I would love to follow her also.

Agree Completely. You have a link for the article?

You didn't read the article carefully jump to conclusions. He said SH COULD have won which is very true. And they COULD have lost which is true. It does not matter now cause the season is over. Blackman is the best in the state and nation according to writers who probably haven't seen all the teams in their poll play.