Private / Public Sports Split will be proposed Wed.

reaction

I think one unintended consequence of a true split will be that public school overall talent will decrease. This will disadvantage public schools in larger cities (that have privates nearby), but it probably won't hurt the rural schools nearly as much.

If the D1 smaller privates in Chattanooga can give athletic scholarships, most of the kids would probably come from the Tyners, Brainerds, East Ridges, Chattanooga Central, Red Bank, etc. This will really water down these schools (even more than the Baylors & McCallies already have). Same goes for basketball, etc.

I'm not strongly for or against a split, but I do think the quality of public school athletics in bigger cities will suffer dramatically.

I think one unintended consequence of a true split will be that public school overall talent will decrease. This will disadvantage public schools in larger cities (that have privates nearby), but it probably won't hurt the rural schools nearly as much.

If the D1 smaller privates in Chattanooga can give athletic scholarships, most of the kids would probably come from the Tyners, Brainerds, East Ridges, Chattanooga Central, Red Bank, etc. This will really water down these schools (even more than the Baylors & McCallies already have). Same goes for basketball, etc.

I'm not strongly for or against a split, but I do think the quality of public school athletics in bigger cities will suffer dramatically.

I think it could be argued that McCallie and Baylor already get their pick from those schools. 

Of course they do. My point was that 4-5 other schools will now get their share too & the talent will be watered down much more at the public schools in the urban areas.

Notre Dame, CCS, and Boyd also already get their fair share of kids from Signal.  Splitting the publics and privates won't change any of that.  They also already give "tuition subsidies, tuition discounts, and financial assistance".  It won't change anything if they start calling it "financial aide". <_<

Notre Dame, CCS, and Boyd also already get their fair share of kids from Signal.  Splitting the publics and privates won't change any of that.  They also already give "tuition subsidies, tuition discounts, and financial assistance".  It won't change anything if they start calling it "financial aide". <_<

Baylor and McCallie get most off the mountain. I don't think we have that many from troll country. It could of changed though. Ya'll still got that bus service running to Fort O?  :popcorneater:

Everyone assumes that all these private schools even give scholarships, especially the smaller ones...These schools have to operate from tuition and fees, they arnt getting money from the state, you all need to quit assuming that these schools can even afford to fund the whole football teams tuition that oh so many of you like to insinuate.