Jaycee Coe

bob77

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob I have been watching AA for many years as we were AA up until this year. Very good player. Signed with Kentucky so that tells you something. I had the pleasure of watching Heather Butler who has lit up most of the record books at UTM for three years. Very special player to us as Coe is to u guys. But Coe is definitely a player and I have had the pleasure of watching her in the state the last two years and she will be missed.

This is how I put it: She is the best basketball player in Tennessee at her position.

I remember seeing her play her freshman year against Clarkrange at Jackson, and 7a watcher come up to me after the game and ask me what I thought of their new freshmen. I believed then she was going to be good, but she has turned out to be the best guard I've ever personally seen at the high school level. I watch high school baseball, softball, basketball, and football because the real good players just let loose at the high school level in a way that you do not see at any other level. There are players over the years that I enjoyed watching play, no matter the sport, and she certainly is one I've enjoyed watching and will miss getting to watch.

It's not fair to Coe to ask that...players have different strengths and weaknesses, she's the best shooter in a long while, great presence, knows where everyone on the floor is, and is unflappable. Ashley McElheny was a guard also, was quicker than Coe, slashed to the basket ,and was a premium defender. Crystal Eason was on par as a shooter-scorer, and as a floor general had no equal. Michelle Street...well you get the picture, this could fill a page or two. Coe is great, and there's no debate against that...she's among the best in 1A in my time, and that's good enough.

Edited by tradertwo

It's not fair to Coe to ask that...players have different strengths and weaknesses, she's the best shooter in a long while, great presence, knows where everyone on the floor is, and is unflappable. Ashley McElheny was a guard also, was quicker than Coe, slashed to the basket ,and was a premium defender. Crystal Eason was on par as a shooter-scorer, and as a floor general had no equal. Michelle Street...well you get the picture, this could fill a page or two. Coe is great, and there's no debate against that...she's among the best in 1A in my time, and that's good enough.

I have to agree tradertwo...but I feel blessed to have been able to watch this young lady develop in her middle and high school career. I have heard her and seen her state many times of how much love she has for the game and it showed with the many many hours she worked to develop her skills. lookin forward to the next stage and I don't think I will get to consistently see anyone like her in my life time.

I hope that my post didn't sound negative...Coe is awesome, I wasn't saying otherwise just that's a question similar to "are apples the best tasting fruit?". I was very impressed that she put her team in a position to win the state championship when her teammates were obviously struggling, against probably the best team in state. She did it with her game in the first half, and the fear of what she was capable of doing in the second. Probably the most clear cut winner of "Miss Basketball" in recent history and very deserving of every bit of praise that she's gotten.

Jaycee is pretty good, but I'm not sure she can out shoot her Momma. I'm looking forward to see how she does at Kentucky and wish her all the luck.

I have head a thousand stories about her dad Joey and his all-american days at old Celina High, though I know Mrs. Kelly played at Eastern Kentucky, haven't really heard too many stories of her high school days. (Probably because she went to High School in KY.  Do you have some wbbwatcher?

I have head a thousand stories about her dad Joey and his all-american days at old Celina High, though I know Mrs. Kelly played at Eastern Kentucky, haven't really heard too many stories of her high school days. (Probably because she went to High School in KY.  Do you have some wbbwatcher?

I saw her dad play numerous times at Celina & Tech. That Celina team was tough. Those battles with Bolton & Sylvester Gray were epic.