Meigs vs. Mitchell

terop

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to say congrats to Mitchell on the gold ball. What a team!!! Meigs was privileged to be able to attend the state tourney for the first time in 27 years. Even if according to some folks here on coach T "we got ran out of the gym". I suppose in the eyes of many Meigs didn't deserve to be there but we here in our small county are still proud of these boys they had a good season. To the Hampton fans that feel some how cheated because Meigs made it to the championship game. I'd like to say when y'all were playing I was in the stands cheering you on. Ned is a great coach and you all had a great team. I'm not here to talk trash. Just tired of all the negativity . Mitchell had a GREAT team and earned the win. So I'd like to congratulate all the teams that played at the tourney. Good Luck to all next season.

No disrespect to meigs from this HHS fan. Gotta play who you draw. But we did beat a team 4 times that took you all to overtime at your place. But this game is about matchups. You never really know who is better until u play em. So congrats to meigs. Maybe we can schedule each other so we can get used to stiffer competition. Looked like we were both shell shocked that first qtr againt Mitchell's speed on defense. We just recovered well and made adjustments quicker. Who do you all return? We loose McClain and Robinso, return everyone else.

Edited by tootiedwc

I'd like to say congrats to Mitchell on the gold ball. What a team!!! Meigs was privileged to be able to attend the state tourney for the first time in 27 years. Even if according to some folks here on coach T "we got ran out of the gym". I suppose in the eyes of many Meigs didn't deserve to be there but we here in our small county are still proud of these boys they had a good season. To the Hampton fans that feel some how cheated because Meigs made it to the championship game. I'd like to say when y'all were playing I was in the stands cheering you on. Ned is a great coach and you all had a great team. I'm not here to talk trash. Just tired of all the negativity . Mitchell had a GREAT team and earned the win. So I'd like to congratulate all the teams that played at the tourney. Good Luck to all next season.

Na, our posts weren't meant that way....We know the hard work it takes for these small county schools to make it that far...Congrats to all that made it to the 'boro

No disrespect to meigs from this HHS fan. Gotta play who you draw. But we did beat a team 4 times that took you all to overtime at your place. But this game is about matchups. You never really know who is better until u play em. So congrats to meigs. Maybe we can schedule each other so we can get used to stiffer competition. Looked like we were both shell shocked that first qtr againt Mitchell's speed on defense. We just recovered well and made adjustments quicker. Who do you all return? We loose McClain and Robinso, return everyone else.

We had to beat Grace 4 times so I know all to well I've followed Hampton close all season I used to be a Bulldog so I always keep up with them. When Meigs beat Grace for the region it was the closest score we'd had with them this season. A team you've played 4 times becomes tough to beat. I was getting updates from freinds and family during the GCA HHS sub state game. Good to see schools like Meigs and Hampton make it as far as they did. Even better for me since I have ties to both schools. I was Meigs only loses Levi Woods .

Edited by gotigers14

For the record Meigs didn't go to OT with SG.

Meigs was a dang good team and this ole Bulldog was pulling for you guys in a BIG way. In my opinion Hampton and Meigs was real even ,but that don't really make any difference,the championship was played in the 1st round. We were both still amonst the best. I've got a feeling they'll both be hard to handle again next season. Both schools should be proud.

Just passing on the thoughts of a coach who played both teams. The only reason I mentioned it was to address the Hampton fan who said the four best teams were on Hampton's side. Hampton had a great season. Meigs was in the state championship. Good luck next season

Just passing on the thoughts of a coach who played both teams. The only reason I mentioned it was to address the Hampton fan who said the four best teams were on Hampton's side. Hampton had a great season. Meigs was in the state championship. Good luck next season

A case could be made for either team, Hampton beat SG 4 times amd Meigs struggled against them, Meigs beat GCA 4 times and Hampton struggled with them. They also played a few like opponents during the year and both handled um about the same. Basketball has alot to do with matchups and how you play on any given night. You'll have nights you hit everything and nights where you can't buy a bucket. Hampton was deffinately in the stronger bracket.

A case could be made for either team, Hampton beat SG 4 times amd Meigs struggled against them, Meigs beat GCA 4 times and Hampton struggled with them. They also played a few like opponents during the year and both handled um about the same. Basketball has alot to do with matchups and how you play on any given night. You'll have nights you hit everything and nights where you can't buy a bucket. Hampton was deffinately in the stronger bracket.

I agree....100% Hampton was in a tough bracket. A team that plays like Mitchell did is hard to come by in the district and region where we play.