best team ever

uknowwho

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Brando, what do you think about your (our) team? The Eagles have had some great squads and I don't know that I can pick a single year, but the '95 and '96 teams (30-0) would certainly stack up well. Also, BA's teams from 1980-82 (3 state titles) were awesome. But I wasn't exactly around to see them. I know you weren't either, but what do you think?

I would Say the best Marion County Teams were 1992-1995 that class lost 1 game in their 4 year high school career. I believe their record was like 56-1 with 3 state titles. Eric Westmorelond is the biggest name remembered but a solid offensive line and stingy D were trade marks of those teams. Only an upset loss to Kingston 7-6 in a game they should have won I feel kept this team from 4 state titles.

MBA's 1999 team was better than both '95 BA and '96 BA. BA was down 10-7 to MBA in '95 going into the 4th, and MBA got robbed in '96 in double OT vs. BA. The '99 team was 4 touchdowns better than the 95 and 96 MBA teams. BA was good those years, but not as good as MBA in 99.

Cleveland 93 team was the best one I saw. Killed Maryville 70-28 that year and beat a great Brentwood Academy team 26-21 in the 4A title game.Cleveland teams in 94 and 95 were great.Those teams were well coached with great athletes.

Brentwood Academy teams in 95 and 96. Those teams were talented and well coached.They had great team in 93 also.I watched them in 91 play Franklin County with my brother.They were great that year too.

Pearl Cohn team in 97. Most talented team I saw but very undisciplined.John Henderson was best high school player I ever saw.Santonio Beard and Reggie Ridley were other studs.Killed Maryvile in 97 4A state title game 36-16

Austin East in 86. That team was the best team a Maryville team played until Maryville played Cleveland in 93. They had Leroy Thompson,Von Reeves and a bunch of other studs. They beat Maryville at Austin East 33-7 in the regular season and beat Maryville at Maryville in the semifinals 21-3. Maryville went 12-2 that season with both losses to AE.

Melrose in 96 was a great team. Cedrick Wilson,Andre Lott,Kevin Taylor,David Payne and Kindall Morehead. A ton of division 1 players on that team.

Marion County in 95. They were machine like in execution.Eric Westmoreland was a stud.

Lincoln County in 93. Chad Henderson and David Grogan were big time studs on that team. Awesome defense.

Jefferson County in 87. Todd Collins was the best linebacker I ever saw in high school. I watched them whip Tullahoma in the semi finals.Tullahoma had Antonio London,Steve Matthews and a stud running back who went to Ole Miss. Jeff County had a lineman who went to UT named Brian Spivey.

Alcoa in 89. That team was tough. Great team speed. Billy Williams,Shannon Mitchell and Tyris Gilmore were studs on that team. They were very good in 2000 also.

Red Bank in 2000. They had a great offensive line and a great running back in Gerald riggs.

CPA in 2000. They were awesome. They dominated all 1A teams that year.

Ezell Harding in 2001. Best passing game for a 1A school I ever saw.

Portland in 2000. That team executed better than any team I have seen. They didn't have great talent but they played great as a team. Well coached ball club.

Milan in 99. They were very good. Had a good quarterback and plenty of speed.

Maryville in 98 and 2001. Both teams had great offensive lines. Best offensive lines I have watched.

98 team had a great quarterback in Toki McCray,good receivers and a good running back. Defense was great. Nobody could run on them. I think they are a little better than the 2001 team.

2001 team had the most balanced offense I have seen except maybe those great Brentwood Academy teams. That is debatable though. Good steady senior quarterback,great running backs and sure handed receivers. Defense played well in the playoffs.

Clinton was very good in 92. Gallatin must have been real good to beat that bunch. Clinton had a very good offensive line and a stud runing back. Killed Maryville that year 46-14

B, do you happen to have the #'s 1 and 2; and #'s 1-4 USA Today for '95 and '96? Go to De La Salle site to compare...In '96 DLS scored 50+ in 7 of 12 games, and shut out opposition in 7 of those 12. I think Mater Dei...#1 in one of those years. DLS-M.Dei series began in '98, ended '01, and if all goes as planned, to resume next year. Is BA on Xavier's schedule next year? Does BA have $'s to travel? Let's send them to GA, FL, or NC. McQueen of Reno might be a good call--i.e. cheap air, hotel...and I think over rated even though they score 60 a game and have virtually slain all NV opposition. GO Spartans ;)