Powell spring

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lee is a great guy and happy for his success. He does not need to go horse back riding down Clinton Hwy though.

That story has gotten more and more embellished as the years go by.  Lee was never riding a horse down Clinton Highway. 

Heiskell Road, maybe, but never on Clinton Highway.  :popcorneater:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep.  Lee bought a home here and lives in Knoxville in the offseason.  He's been back and forth from here to Buffalo for the Bill's mini camp stuff.  

Lee has come a long way in his personal life.  He has 3 sons now and gives a ton of his time to local groups both here and in Buffalo.  He's one of the few guys who had some serious self inflicted problems, but has completely done a 180 in his life. 

And, yet, he's huge and can run and catch the football. 

I made a point to buy a Lee Smith #85 Bills jersey to represent a Panther who has done really great things. I know that he was on ESPN's "Come On Man!" segment when he scored a TD against the Rams in the 2012 season, then jumped into the stands, especting them to catch him. Instead, they moved out of the way and he landed on the seats. Having seen several Bills games live at Ralph Wilson Stadium from 2007-2010, I'm a bit surprised that they didn't try to catch him. Despite the team generally struggling for 15 seasons or so, the fans up there are very passionate. I'm glad that Lee is doing very well both on and off the field.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...