McNairy Central Football 2014

wise old coach once said " if you've never been thrown out of a game then you aint never coached". I will look past the ejection and maybe even a flag or two. he will quickly realize that as a head coach those unnecessary flags from the sideline no least must not happen, quickest way to get beat is unforced penalties. I don't want to hear about officiating either what they call is what they call, they never change their call and its a coaches job to deal with it. they can be talked to in a civil manner. treating kids as ones own in theory sounds good but in reality will prob. not work so well at mchs. there are several parents that want special treatment and think they know the game better than anyone ever could. someone asked about McNairy size, speed, skill. honestly as a whole they are undersized (a couple big kids). as a whole they are slow (a few speed demons 3 or 4). my prediction is that politics got them here and if a certain kid "wins" the qb position then it will signify that politics won and coach caved.

You are such a positive person.  I'm sure the players like reading your crap about the team.  Hopefully they will step up and prove you wrong but then you will probably make other excuses or negative comments. You're one of those in the stands that knows the game better than coaches so here is a good idea, go get your education degree and become a coach so you can win all the time and never ever play any kind of politics.  Heck these kids and coaches work their tails off to try to be successful but that's overlooked by the 'coaches in the stands'

You are such a positive person.  I'm sure the players like reading your crap about the team.  Hopefully they will step up and prove you wrong but then you will probably make other excuses or negative comments. You're one of those in the stands that knows the game better than coaches so here is a good idea, go get your education degree and become a coach so you can win all the time and never ever play any kind of politics.  Heck these kids and coaches work their tails off to try to be successful but that's overlooked by the 'coaches in the stands'

westtennfootballfan,

hmmm, that's about as positive as I could put it. I was trying to answer a question that was asked in a nice honest way. they are not big, they are not fast, they are not many in number. what do you want me to say?? ok "they suck". what I said was an honest assessment. they are not skilled but for a few. incoming freshmen more skilled than other classes combined. ps. I got two degrees and could x and o you out of business. no, those kids and coaches haven't worked their tails off because hard work pays off and they haven't done anything. you got a coach up there now that thinks he is gods gift to athletics and the old football coach, well it was obvious he never did too much. if the kids are reading this then welcome to reality. your team is not very good and you wont be for another 3 years or so. reality sucks sometimes. westtennfootballfan seems to be in your corner, if you have any questions ask him he knows the game.

Wow, talk about negativity.  I think your kids are going to surprise a few people.  The ones of you putting the kids down and the coaches down will soon realize that eventually the tides will turn.  I do know this...Coach Hodge, his staff, and team will not be out worked by any team on their schedule.  He will play the best players that are there when they are suppose to be there and that work their butts off for those coaches.  If the players on the team commit their time and work extremely hard over the next 3 months yall will have a good team this year.  It is a shame 9oldschool5 that you have such a bad opinion of the team and coaches.  Hopefully if you care about MCHS and their athletics then you will give this change a chance to take its form. 

Guest hevyrevy1611

Sadly, it too often human nature to want it my way or the highway... that my opinion and plan is supreme and any deviation from that will be attacked, insulted, belittled, undermined, etc. In all areas of life this is often seen. What folk don't realize is THEY are ones on trial, not those they are dogging and putting down! When we write or talk it is our heart being revealed moreso than anyone else. Some folk will see you walking on water and scoff at it, claiming you do that because you can't swim or are afraid of the fish. It's in their heart, they just that way. Coach Hodge will do fine there given the chance, maybe better than anyone could have hoped for or dreamed. Going from worst to first in a short time is not only possible, but probable now, especially with players, parents, and community getting on board with Coach Hodge's way of doing things. Just because it not what YOU wanted, thought, expected, would do, or are used to doesn't matter, because he is the coach *NOT* you! Let him & his staff do their jobs, their way not your way... you'll be glad you did! So will your players! For a long time to come as well. <This general public service message written for anyone is provided free of charge by yours truly, from my heart to yours. Sharing because I'm caring. Over & out!> :D

Edited by hevyrevy1611

history lesson for you folks outside of McNairy County.

All athletics in MCHS are tainted by controlling parents. It has been that way for many years and doesnt seem to be changing anytime soon. I am friends with lots of folks that are very close to this program and i see it first hand. The boosters are quick to tell ya if they disagree and even quicker to pull their funding of the program. I have already seen and heard the comments about certain players and if they end up getting the starting nod over kids that might be younger but more talented then it will prove the fact that mommy and daddy ball is still top priority. Say what you want but there is a reason why Dresden didnt snatch him upo as their coach. despite what the die hard fans are saying about him. The problem with MCHS is it is just not in football that the parents feel they should have some control. It is in Girls basketball, baseball, and i even see it in Softball. I wish for the kids sake that they can build a program to be proud of. There is enough room in the county for 2 great programs. The problem is the fact that the parents will do whatever it takes to make sure their will is imposed over there on the hill. they are very slick about it too. Just a waiting game now to see.

First off guys, 9oldschool5 is not a McNairy guy, so you can disregard his comments as coming from someone from McNairy. Things are already better than year's past but it don't take much. There will be a different attitude this season and a better team. Too bad he couldn't have been here sooner to get things implented and a scrimmage set up. But, I think Hodge will make a big difference this year and he can have them contending this year. McNairy has athletes, that has not been the problem the last 5 years. Plus, there have been a number of kids who didn't play or quit that are coming out to play. Hodge is doing a lot of good things to build this program back up. But, just have to wait til the season starts to see if some of these kids are playing because of ability or mommy and daddy.

Guest hevyrevy1611

This parent-controlling and politicking by special groups/ people to influence their local sports programs is everywhere, no place immune. But will the coaches and the "good parents" stand up to these influence peddlers is the question? Your new coach will not be anyone's puppet, BUT are there enough "good" parents to get behine him and help break the stranglehold these power-mongers have.. THAT imho is the $64,000 question. Seems to me that the community is more on trial than Coach Hodge.

• 2 weeks later...

cardfan, you take care of your program and Coach Hodge will take care of the Bobcats. There are parents of every school that want their child to play. McNairy has won many more games over the years than Adamsville and will win more in the future. You better hope Pickwick keeps providing you players because the recruiting pipeline has been cut.

• 4 weeks later...

Correct, I am not a "mcnairy fan" however I follow them and I am giving u an honest assessment. They are not very big or very talented and that is a Fact!! They may well indeed surprise some people but it will be because of desire and hard work not because of talent and size and that sirs is also FACT! The recruiting pipeline Macnarry speaks of has never existed, it is a figment of mcnairy fans and coaches imaginations, an excuse to explain the lack of talent and coaching on the hill. Mchs will never be back to the way it was until Selmer middle school starts producing athletes again, also FACT! As for the rest of the county, they have freedom of choice, and a winning program draws a lot of attention, again...FACT! Win and the kids are in!

cardfan, you take care of your program and Coach Hodge will take care of the Bobcats. There are parents of every school that want their child to play. McNairy has won many more games over the years than Adamsville and will win more in the future. You better hope Pickwick keeps providing you players because the recruiting pipeline has been cut.

Correct, I am not a "mcnairy fan" however I follow them and I am giving u an honest assessment. They are not very big or very talented and that is a Fact!! They may well indeed surprise some people but it will be because of desire and hard work not because of talent and size and that sirs is also FACT! The recruiting pipeline Macnarry speaks of has never existed, it is a figment of mcnairy fans and coaches imaginations, an excuse to explain the lack of talent and coaching on the hill. Mchs will never be back to the way it was until Selmer middle school starts producing athletes again, also FACT! As for the rest of the county, they have freedom of choice, and a winning program draws a lot of attention, again...FACT! Win and the kids are in!

be careful