Fan Base

Jonesy856

Fans are the momentuim every team needs when they need it the most ! No matter win or loose we the fans at DB dont give up (we might call for some coaches head) :) , but again we still pack the house !!! With a bigger and newer staduim this year we will bring in alot more fans !!! Simply what im saying is i wish all the teams out there had as much fans as we do each and every game .. it makes it fun , and simply gives the players an expeirence!!! FANS TO EVERY HIGH SCHOOL IN THE STATE COME THIS YEAR AND SUPPORT THE PLAYERS OF EACH AND EVERY TEAM AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL TEAMS AND AN INJURY FREE YEAR... 3 MONTHS AND COUNTING

I agree 100%. I personally loved playing at DB. The atmosphere amazes me. I can't stand DB but the atmosphere amazes me! When fans go to games, it truly does give players a great experience. The ONLY game my SR year where our fans (TN High) didn't attend was when we went to Knox for the playoffs.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 most hardcore fanbases are South Pitt and Trousdale. They bring the whole town and their threads on coacht get 300 plus pages.

Best fans I saw all year were the Morristown East fans. They packed the stadium that night vs Maryville in the 2nd round. Maryville was ahead 42-0 at halftime. It would have been easy to leave when your team is that far down. Instead those MOEast fans stayed till the bitter end cheering their team on. I tip my cap to those fans.

I think while Maryville fans are awesome I personally think just by seeing and reading from some of yalls posts on here that some have become a little bored with winning. Would yall agree? Not speaking of you guys (I know for a fact how big of a fan these Rebel fans on here are yall are diehards) RebelRon a lot of them that don't show up probably weren't around during the 80's huh?

I was here for the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000 till now.  The fans have became less interested in 50 and 60-0 blowouts. I have noticed this the past two years and it really ticks me off. I have season tickets and there are many times there are lots of empty seats all around me. There are also a lot of people that buy season tickets just for one big game and don't come back. now the road crowd is still strong as ever but the fan base at home is a little lacking and either needs to come out and support the team or don't come at all. I hate people like that.

I was here for the 70's, 80's, 90's and 2000 till now.  The fans have became less interested in 50 and 60-0 blowouts. I have noticed this the past two years and it really ticks me off. I have season tickets and there are many times there are lots of empty seats all around me. There are also a lot of people that buy season tickets just for one big game and don't come back. now the road crowd is still strong as ever but the fan base at home is a little lacking and either needs to come out and support the team or don't come at all. I hate people like that.

I agree. I can't imagine how some fans would become bored with winning, but for some odd reason they do. I know I wouldn't. Some fans are just spoiled and Oak Ridge fans have had their share of those through the years, too.

One of these days the good ride will come to an end and I want to enjoy every bit of it I can while it is here. I hate it when Biff and Buff, Mickey and Muff throw down a couple of hundred dollars and buy a hand full of thickets with no intentions of ever going. Last year one of the kids said something in the newspaper how awful it was to look up in the stands and it's half empty because of people like that. I think that's why I enjoy the away games more because the real fans are all close together and we don't have to put up with Biff and Buff because they can't buy their way into that game.

Edited by BarneySox2007

I think while Maryville fans are awesome I personally think just by seeing and reading from some of yalls posts on here that some have become a little bored with winning. Would yall agree? Not speaking of you guys (I know for a fact how big of a fan these Rebel fans on here are yall are diehards) RebelRon a lot of them that don't show up probably weren't around during the 80's huh?

I think a lot of Rebel fans take it for granted. Me. I hope Maryville goes 15-0 every year.  1980 - 1987 wasn't bad at all. 4 semifinal teams in that era. Just never made it to the state title game. When Maryville got bad was in 1989. From the late 80s to the mid 90s Maryville didn't win a playoff game. 1990 was the worst. 1990 I saw 35-0 loss to McMinn,31-0 loss to Sevier County and a 31-0 loss to William Blount. Sevier County knew Maryville was so bad they held Jason Layman out that game. Saved him for Farragut the next week. Junior Tillet of William Blount just scored again. Kid ran for 4 tds and 250 yds plus. All the County Schools beat Maryville that year. Lots of empty seats at that time. I also remember after that WB game that year at Maryville I heard Maryville fans holler that they would never come back again.

I think a lot of Rebel fans take it for granted. Me. I hope Maryville goes 15-0 every year.  1980 - 1987 wasn't bad at all. 4 semifinal teams in that era. Just never made it to the state title game. When Maryville got bad was in 1989. From the late 80s to the mid 90s Maryville didn't win a playoff game. 1990 was the worst. 1990 I saw 35-0 loss to McMinn,31-0 loss to Sevier County and a 31-0 loss to William Blount. Sevier County knew Maryville was so bad they held Jason Layman out that game. Saved him for Farragut the next week. Junior Tillet of William Blount just scored again. Kid ran for 4 tds and 250 yds plus. All the County Schools beat Maryville that year. Lots of empty seats at that time. I also remember after that WB game that year at Maryville I heard Maryville fans holler that they would never come back again.

That's crazy. My how times have changed.