Tennessee Softball Coaches Association announces Miss Softball Nominees

TSCA

The Tennessee Softball Coaches Association released the names of the Miss Softball Nominees from each Region and Classification today.  Congratulations to the following young ladies and their schools on this great honor. 

The Tennessee Miss Softball from each Classification will be announced at a later date from these young ladies from each Region of the State.

AAA

Miss AAA Softball West Tennessee       Scarlet McSwain            Henry Co.

Miss AAA Softball Middle Tennessee     Heather Norris               Clarksville

Miss AAA Softball East Tennessee         Maddie Ogle                  Maryville

AA

Miss AA Softball West Tennessee           Elantra Cox               Chester Co.

Miss AA Softball Middle Tennessee         Danielle Tyson          DeKalb Co.

Miss AA Softball East Tennessee            Jordan Fortel             Greenville

A

Miss A Softball West Tennessee              Abigail Lockhart        Dresden

Miss A Softball Middle Tennessee           Gretchen Greer         Collinwood

Miss A Softball East Tennessee               Courtney Jones        Oliver Springs

DII

Miss DII Softball West Tennessee             Addison Maxwell      Evangelical Christian

Miss DII Softball East-Middle Tennessee    Kelsi Dickey         Friendship Christian

Edited by TSCA

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to all the ladies. Would like to have seen Cori Jennings from Gordonsville get a nod. But, I'm sure all these girls are very deserving.

Yeah I don't want to take away from the others in A but I would've thought she would be the front runner. Not just a candidate but a favorite.

After watching her play tonight, I would agree. I haven't seen a better pitcher this season.

I agree. The Forrest batters were all kinds of frustrated. Despite her playing middle school ball in DC and us playing them three times the past two seasons, I had never seen Cori pitch. I was glad to finally be able to.

Not saying these players are not deserving, but several didnt even make it to regional finals or sectionals. Seems like criteria for selecting would be helping team advance in post season, just saying

I disagree...softball is a team sport, but the award should go to the best player.