2014 9AAA

eers

Looks like Lebanon only has about 40 playing football. Not much talent from what I saw. More kids need to be playing. Harp didn't win all those championships in KY by not being a good coach. He had players that wanted to play and bought into his system. It takes special kids who want to play and willing to change a culture of losing.

How much difference would it have been if Hafner would have stayed at Lebanon? Stewart could have played at another spot like last year giving them more threats. I was surprised by the score somewhat.

How did your son do Friday night Kisler? Southern what happened? Chick keep posting what everyone else says it makes it more credible.

Hendersonville looked good for the most part. Wc just wasn't on the same level Friday night and I didn't feel they were very focused on playing football but more ready to be on TV. Roundtree showed some ability and they definitely had some size. Didn't one of their players play for mj last year? I am impressed with the attitude Hendersonville came out with, Bruce looks like he has them ready to run the table.

Flat out got beat in every department. Their line was smaller and faster. Our qb's and rb's were getting hit as soon as they got the ball 90% of the time. We did fairly well on not allowing turnovers and penalties. The line is where we need the most work. BUT, everyone knew that going into it. Just like I said, we only had 2 returning starters on either side of the line. Was a rough night for the kids. West played great as well. Bunch of good kids over there, and I enjoyed seeing some old friends. 

How much difference would it have been if Hafner would have stayed at Lebanon? Stewart could have played at another spot like last year giving them more threats. I was surprised by the score somewhat.

It would have helped some; but I don't think it would have made a big difference. Their big back didn't play in second half. I don't know if it was due to injury or cramping like he has had problems with in the past. Their offense basically came on broken plays. Don't get me wrong; MJ's defense was far from perfect and they have plenty to work on.

Hodges never touched the field because he is injured; Was on the sidelines not dressed. He will help the receiving core when he returns. Jace Alford, 23, was hurt on the first series after making his second catch. He fractured his wrist but says he can play against MJ in two weeks with a soft cast so we shall see.

As far as Malone getting more carries. I do agree with eers that he must touch the ball more. However, he missed almost all of fall camp injured and you can't really ask him to come back and play most snaps on 3 days of practice. He's an excellent player but isn't in game shape yet to play full out both ways. I'd assume some other players as well will take the off week and next week to get into better shape to play more snaps.

Flat out got beat in every department. Their line was smaller and faster. Our qb's and rb's were getting hit as soon as they got the ball 90% of the time. We did fairly well on not allowing turnovers and penalties. The line is where we need the most work. BUT, everyone knew that going into it. Just like I said, we only had 2 returning starters on either side of the line. Was a rough night for the kids. West played great as well. Bunch of good kids over there, and I enjoyed seeing some old friends.

Sounds like your new coach still has a long row to hoe. How do the kids like him? Tell your son to keep playing and things will be OK. Best of luck!

It would have helped some; but I don't think it would have made a big difference. Their big back didn't play in second half. I don't know if it was due to injury or cramping like he has had problems with in the past. Their offense basically came on broken plays. Don't get me wrong; MJ's defense was far from perfect and they have plenty to work on.

Do you think he took himself out again so he didn't get hurt? I know he did this in their scrimmage in the spring. He has a future in the game if he can stay healthy. At least mj got a game to work some kinks out.

It was a weird start to this season with all the lopsided victories after everyone played so close last year. I'm interested to see how good Gallatin is this week.

Edited by hhs00

Do you think he took himself out again so he didn't get hurt? I know he did this in their scrimmage in the spring. He has a future in the game if he can stay healthy. At least mj got a game to work some kinks out.

It was a weird start to this season with all the lopsided victories after everyone played so close last year. I'm interested to see how good Gallatin is this week.

I would hate to think he took himself out. I guess I am too old school. They just don't have much talent; but they do play hard.

MJ should win at Antioch this week. From what I have seen and heard; they are not very good. Hope the Bears don't look past this one looking to Station Camp. Just need to work on getting better every week.

Edited by BKisler

I would hate to think he took himself out. I guess I am too old school. They just don't have much talent; but they do play hard.

MJ should win at Antioch this week. From what I have seen and heard; they are not very good. Hope the Bears don't look past this one looking to Station Camp. Just need to work on getting better every week.

So you are still here! Mj gets beat by 50 on a half and you go into hiatus, mj wins and now your posting every other hour. Seems to fit most mj people who are front runners..

Anyways, what are the games this week?

I know Gallatin has spring hill

And mj and Antioch,

Who else?

• Upvote 1

Just got done with a long discussion with a great football person in the area. Malone will get ball more now that he can get in shape. I was told about Hodges through a friend. They say he got hurt 2 or 3 weeks ago but will be ready game 2. They said when Hodges gets back he will be Kyle favorite wr. They told me he is 6'5 180 with 4.4 speed. So that will make a difference. They also told me jace will have 60 catches this year. Bison are known to start slow and then go on a tear.

So you are still here! Mj gets beat by 50 on a half and you go into hiatus, mj wins and now your posting every other hour. Seems to fit most mj people who are front runners..

Anyways, what are the games this week?

I know Gallatin has spring hill

And mj and Antioch,

Who else?

Beech at Henry Co

Hunters Lane at Hville

Lebanon at Franklin Co

White House at Portland

Lavergne at WC

MJ at Antioch

SC is off this week

GHS at Springfield