District 4AA 2014-15

QSouth89

AlcoaBasketball or Irishbball, how do you see the district race shaping up next year?  Alcoa returns the most players so I would pick them as the favorite. Catholic returns 3 starters and I think CAK returns 3 as well.  Catholic's jv team was 17-4 (6-2 in the district) losing both district games to Alcoa by 4 and 1. I'm assuming Alcoa's jv team didn't lose a district game. Should be interesting if those young players can step up and contribute on the varsity level. Well Catholic's young guys, Alcoa played a lot of their varsity kids (and some starters) in jv games versus Catholic so they have shown the ability to contribute on the varsity level already.

Edited by QSouth89

AlcoaBasketball or Irishbball, how do you see the district race shaping up next year?  Alcoa returns the most players so I would pick them as the favorite. Catholic returns 3 starters and I think CAK returns 3 as well.  Catholic's jv team was 17-4 (6-2 in the district) losing both district games to Alcoa by 4 and 1. I'm assuming Alcoa's jv team didn't lose a district game. Should be interesting if those young players can step up and contribute on the varsity level. Well Catholic's young guys, Alcoa played a lot of their varsity kids (and some starters) in jv games versus Catholic so they have shown the ability to contribute on the varsity level already.

The only player CAK loses from last year's team is Lucas Campbell.

CAK was actually younger than Catholic last year. I think losing Jancek and Anderson? will be tough to replace for Catholic.

Alcoa is the wildcard to me. They have some really great looking players; biggest question is how motivated they are and do they play as a team consistently?

As far as a top 3 in any district in E. TN this might be the toughest. There should be some amazing battles. Too close to call as far as who comes out on top to me... should be exciting!

CAK was actually younger than Catholic last year. I think losing Jancek and Anderson? will be tough to replace for Catholic.

Alcoa is the wildcard to me. They have some really great looking players; biggest question is how motivated they are and do they play as a team consistently?

As far as a top 3 in any district in E. TN this might be the toughest. There should be some amazing battles. Too close to call as far as who comes out on top to me... should be exciting!

Losing Campbell is a BIG loss.  He did so much for the team scoring, rebounding and defensively.  Losing Jancek and Anderson will be tough but Coach Hutchens does a great job of defining roles and a few players were asked to sacrafice shooting, so I can see players stepping up and producing more,

Edited by QSouth89

AlcoaBasketball or Irishbball, how do you see the district race shaping up next year? Alcoa returns the most players so I would pick them as the favorite. Catholic returns 3 starters and I think CAK returns 3 as well. Catholic's jv team was 17-4 (6-2 in the district) losing both district games to Alcoa by 4 and 1. I'm assuming Alcoa's jv team didn't lose a district game. Should be interesting if those young players can step up and contribute on the varsity level. Well Catholic's young guys, Alcoa played a lot of their varsity kids (and some starters) in jv games versus Catholic so they have shown the ability to contribute on the varsity level already.

You're definitely jumping the gun if you're picking Alcoa as the favorite. LOL!!

Having said that, Alcoa should be better. We had a lot of sophomores do well for us, and they'll all be juniors this year.

If I'm not mistaken, Garrett Anderson was the only junior last year, and likewise is currently the only rising senior on the team. Alcoa will be in the mix.

CAK returns the most (although Campbell was a huge loss), so I gotta pick them to 3-peat until proven otherwise. Catholic lost a couple of key players but also return several, so they'll compete.

Not ready to make a prediction yet.

Should be a great battle between all three. Jancek will be tough to replace. He was a BEAST in district play averaging about 16 points and 12 boards. Anderson was streaky but could flat score in bunches like he did when he scored 19 points in less than 5 minutes against state tourney team Maryville. Dawson Anderson(Jordan's younger brother)has the chance to step in for Jancek. We return 5 or 6 guys that started at some point last year. CAK will have trouble replacing Campbell since he did pretty much everything for them. They have a great PG to build around though. Alcoa was young and gave CAK a good game in the district tourney. I think Hutchens and Wells both do an outstanding with their teams. Kirk is still learning the ropes as a head coach. I'm biased but would probably go:

Catholic*

CAK

Alcoa

*assuming Luke Smith doesn't break anything else LOL

As a junior Jancek, averaged 3 points and 3 rebounds and didn't play much, so I'm pretty sure someone will step up next year like he did this year.  Jack Sompayrac scored 300 points in 16 jv games.  I know it's only jv but he showed the ability to shoot and score.  He's a smart player too,

Edited by QSouth89

• 4 weeks later...