4A - Who will knock Fulton off?

blazer1set

From what I remember, Giles County seems to travel pretty well. Back in 2011 when yall came to DC for round 1, the visitor side was packed. I guess having several Greenville fans on your side wouldn't hurt none though. How many starters is gone from last years team? I'm curious what all GC has returning. I'm assuming quite a bit considering yall seem to be one of the favorites to take state.

Giles lost a really good senior class but the junior class has some stars and the sophomore class has some good ones too. Ordway is a four star corner with sec offers. He will be the best player in every game. However they get him the ball on offense he will outrun the defense. Gilbert is the same type of player but only runs a 4.5 instead of a 4.4. Harrison is similar but bigger and probably only runs a 4.6. Tucker at rb is thicker but still a 4.6 the qb holder just got reinstated on the team. He was a dual threat last year. Now that he is back I don't see the offense being stopped

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles lost a really good senior class but the junior class has some stars and the sophomore class has some good ones too. Ordway is a four star corner with sec offers. He will be the best player in every game. However they get him the ball on offense he will outrun the defense. Gilbert is the same type of player but only runs a 4.5 instead of a 4.4. Harrison is similar but bigger and probably only runs a 4.6. Tucker at rb is thicker but still a 4.6 the qb holder just got reinstated on the team. He was a dual threat last year. Now that he is back I don't see the offense being stopped

Wasnt impressed  with Ordway in State Championship game last year .. He got beat on at least 3 TD passes .. the Falcon reciever ran by him like he was standing still on one TD and another he bit on a inside fake and was toasted on an out ....  wasnt impressed with Giles line play .. not very physical team.

Ordway can play ball... I was wondering how he had offers from every major conference after gettin beat multiple times by our 2 star wr with one PAC 12 offer. I watched film and he has great size and speed. Everyone got beat by Xavier he was the most underrated player in the state due to the "size hype". I can't take anything away from Ordway x was a top 3 wr in the state easy

Ur rt. Cam didn't look good against Fulton. But that qb and wr were really good too. And he was just a jr. Only about ten players in the state on his level now. But don't forget that the game was close for three quarters. We shouldn't have gave up like we did in the 4th when things went bad.

The oline last year was average at best. They will be better this year but not dominsnt. The weakness this year will be the defensive front 7. Lost 3 out of 4 on the dline and at lber... And all six of them were real good.

Ur rt. Cam didn't look good against Fulton. But that qb and wr were really good too. And he was just a jr. Only about ten players in the state on his level now. But don't forget that the game was close for three quarters. We shouldn't have gave up like we did in the 4th when things went bad.

The oline last year was average at best. They will be better this year but not dominsnt. The weakness this year will be the defensive front 7. Lost 3 out of 4 on the dline and at lber... And all six of them were real good.

He probably did have a bad game .. you are correct #7 for Fulton was the best player on field .. was impressed with Giles sportsmanship ..they have a great supporting fan base and you can tell they play with class .. good luck maybe Giles and Fulton will be lucky enough to get back to Cookeville .. Falcons lost alot of talent and alot of linemen ..we will see how the season goes.  Good Luck

Wasnt impressed  with Ordway in State Championship game last year .. He got beat on at least 3 TD passes .. the Falcon reciever ran by him like he was standing still on one TD and another he bit on a inside fake and was toasted on an out ....  wasnt impressed with Giles line play .. not very physical team.

Giles had 7 underclassmen on offense & 6 on defense with 5 of them being sophomores Tad. Two of the seniors were 1st year players also. A new staff & system plus the injury bug hit us hard. We'll take our Silver Ball after losing to a fine Fulton squad with a smile. :thumb: 

The game plan was to slow the run, keep Penny in the pocket, and hope Fulton turns it over. The one thing we could not do was turn it over. We checked your run game. We contained Penny most of the time, but he scorched us with his arm & decision making. Great execution by Fulton & we stumbled a bit on assignments. Xavier had a awesome game and was the 2nd best player on the field. Your QB was the best player imho & was in a zone all day.

Fulton should be #1 and will stay there until someone steps up to show us different.... :ugeek:

Giles had 7 underclassmen on offense & 6 on defense with 5 of them being sophomores Tad. Two of the seniors were 1st year players also. A new staff & system plus the injury bug hit us hard. We'll take our Silver Ball after losing to a fine Fulton squad with a smile. :thumb:

The game plan was to slow the run, keep Penny in the pocket, and hope Fulton turns it over. The one thing we could not do was turn it over. We checked your run game. We contained Penny most of the time, but he scorched us with his arm & decision making. Great execution by Fulton & we stumbled a bit on assignments. Xavier had a awesome game and was the 2nd best player on the field. Your QB was the best player imho & was in a zone all day.

Fulton should be #1 and will stay there until someone steps up to show us different.... :ugeek:

I guess thats the way it works ... nobody lost as much as Fulton .. so will be interesting ... Fulton had alot of depth in skill positions but not line ... when we lost our player of the year in 4A Darryl Rollins-Davis in the 2nd playoff game it hurt our run game .. had to depend on Xavier in wildcat alot .. so he was keyed on alot the last couple games .. wish you could have seen Darryl run his Sr year  .. he was amazing ... and with him and Xavier both it was real tough to defend ..   word is we may be better on defense this year if we get some hurt players back to full go ..hope its true cause dont know OL will be ..   Good Luck to Giles .. you guys will probably be there in the end .. dont think Pearl Cohn or the team from Memphis will make it . And you will face either us, Knox Cath , Sully South or Greeneville

We saw Rollins run enough his junior year! Y'all do deserve credit for being able to win it without your best player for sure

It sure cut down some of our options ... wish Darryl the best at Arkansas St .. he is a good kid also .. thats probably one of the things most prous of .. being a former player at Fulton ..years ago ..LOL .. this team had some really fine young men .. their parents and  coaches have done a great job of mentoring and are a very respectful bunch .. talking of Rollins Jr year ... didnt get to go to that game but listened to it and was surprised about outcome really ..all I had heard about was the QB and how good Giles was and had to play at Giles .. was pleasantly surprised .. watched highlights Darryl had a monster game with some long runs and we picked off the Giles QB 4 times .. that was the game !! But could tell Giles had a very good team and we were on and Giles had a not so good game.... the thing about Fulton is that of the 7 times they have played for State Championships since 2003 they have had to go on road 5 of those semi final games and won ..playing on road doesnt seem to matter to the Falcons ... anyway .. good luck Giles ..like I said you guys more than likely will have that semi final opportunity ..maybe against Tresvant again.