Farragut @ Oak Ridge

bladerunner

They were good for about 3 years in 2006-2008. 2007 being their best year. They actually beat us a few times.

08 was the year everything collapsed for us. Meadows left on his "leave of absence" and a few of our best players were out most of the year with injuries and to top it off we had a freshman starting QB. And the district was tough that year. Our best years were from 1997-2007. During that 10 year period the govs only had one losing regular season and made the playoffs quiet a few times. We could have been even better if we had stability coaching wise but we never did.

There goes your "if's" *shaking my head" WB's whole existence as a football program has been a big what if according to you. lol--2-13 against us all time there hoss!

. Ya'll only won that game in 2008 by a point but we had Don Cope and Darren Garner out with injuries and were starting a freshman at QB. Don't you think we would have won that game handily if Garner and Cope were healthy? Seems like a pretty strong "if" to me lol

We beat ya'll 2 years in a row including a win at the ship in 07. And would have beat ya'll again in 08 if basically all of our starters weren't out with injuries. After the 2007 season we had back to back wins over sevier county, Dobyns Bennett,and Oak Ridge,and only lost by a point to Maryville. So yeah... I would say we have been "pretty good"

What?? Now you know they were a top tier program for many many years! They were once an ELITE team in east TN. Just ask ole 91er.

LOL, sorry I couldn't read this..........I was to busy laughing at the "Elite" team comment.

BUT, you didn't.

We would have though lol. I'm just telling it like it is. Lots of people want to talk trash about how bad WB is which is all well and good. But the fact of the matter is we have never really had an elite coach here. We had Meadows for 4 years and look what he was able to do in the short time he was here. The powers that be here at WB have not made the best decisions when it comes to supporting our teams and hiring good coaches. That's the only thing that has ever separated us from being a contender and as far as i'm concerned meadows time here proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt. Edited by Governors91

We would have though lol. I'm just telling it like it is. Lots of people want to talk trash about how bad WB is which is all well and good. But the fact of the matter is we have never really had an elite coach here. We had Meadows for 4 years and look what he was able to do in the short time he was here. The powers that be here at WB have not made the good decisions when it comes to supporting our teams and hiring good coaches. That's the only thing that has ever separated us from being a contender and as far as i'm concerned meadows time here proved that beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I hate to say, but I don't see them ever getting an elite coach.

I hate to say, but I don't see them ever getting an elite coach.

When they hired Ridge meadows wanted the job back and they didn't give it to him. There was also a college coach interested in the job but they went with the good ole boy system instead! As BarneySox said they bit their nose to spite their face. Lol but the point is WB could have a good coach if they made good decisions but they usually don't