IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN WESTMORELAND

64NB95

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Termite

This just in RT (bus driver) is out!!!! Got a new job hauling chickens somewhere in smith county!!  Who is next?

Ya'll ought to know better than anyone. Whinemoreland won't come to Smith Co. So why would the bus driver haul chickens to Smith County? Unless he's hauling them over to Gordonsville, when ya'll DO play them.

Mason is going to be fine. Maybe a week of rehab or so and he will be fine. No ACL tear or anything. I couldn't believe that incident. He is blessed not to have a bad injury. That's just football and blocking till the whistle blows though. X ray was alright also an ultrasound. Antwan, since when do scrimmages mean anything to you? We are going to be fine as long as we play with some fire in us. I have to disagree with some of the assessments about Wilson Central. I think they will be pretty good. I also think they remembered the thumping we gave them last year in the scrimmage. They didn't stop us on offense we just didn't stop them on defense. 22 is big and fast. The QB also had a good arm.

At best Wilson Central is .500 overall this year in a very down year for 9AAA & DCA will be the 3rd place team in their Region just like last yr.

Upper you compare last year's UH to this year's EN. Why not compare this year to this year. From what I saw both teams lost a lot from last year. Last year's teams would have played a great game. No telling who would have won. At this point this year, EN was pretty dominant when it was 1 vs 1. Back ups it was pretty even. I was impressed with the way UH kept fighting hard, the work ethics, and the QB was pretty good. I thought the atmosphere was good and UH had a decent crowd for a scrimmage. All in all a good night of football for both teams.

Upper you compare last year's UH to this year's EN. Why not compare this year to this year. From what I saw both teams lost a lot from last year. Last year's teams would have played a great game. No telling who would have won. At this point this year, EN was pretty dominant when it was 1 vs 1. Back ups it was pretty even. I was impressed with the way UH kept fighting hard, the work ethics, and the QB was pretty good. I thought the atmosphere was good and UH had a decent crowd for a scrimmage. All in all a good night of football for both teams.

ok this yesar EN would beat UHS 35-21 or 42-28....by 2 scores. UHS is a 5-5 team, maybe 6-4. Reason I compared UHS 2013 is the fact Murphy had them at #3. That's #1 Alcoa vs #4 ND and #2 CPA and #3 EN in semi's. I don't see that happening. UHS or Lewis 2013 would have beat thi EN team by 3 scores. UHS played with two of their OL/DL out for the game. EN didn't have many players and not a lot of depth. One of the players for UH that was out was the 6'6 280 kid who should push for best disrict OL in 8aa. EN hads some speed, but no toughness or discipline. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Guess we saw different scrimmage. It was 21-0 in four possessions before EN pulled starters. UH maybe had 30 yds of offense against EN starting defense. East put starters back in near the end and scored again. EN had two tds called back for stupid penalties. Again compare Apple's to Apple's. Why all the this EN team vs last years UH. EN QB being recruited by most schools as a corner or safety or wr. Saw someone ask that. Not a bad QB at all though. Just an athlete no matter what position. Very impressed with the people of UH from players, coaches. Trainers, and fans. Real class people.

Guess we saw different scrimmage. It was 21-0 in four possessions before EN pulled starters. UH maybe had 30 yds of offense against EN starting defense. East put starters back in near the end and scored again. EN had two tds called back for stupid penalties. Again compare Apple's to Apple's. Why all the this EN team vs last years UH. EN QB being recruited by most schools as a corner or safety or wr. Saw someone ask that. Not a bad QB at all though. Just an athlete no matter what position. Very impressed with the people of UH from players, coaches. Trainers, and fans. Real class people.

I agree UH folks are good people. The comparrison is because I seen 4 good teams last year in 3a. Alcoa, cleary the best. UH I seen several times. ND verse UH. And CPA in the finals. EN just don't fit with that level of play in what I seen from those other teams. I think ND and Alcoa meet in semi's in east. I think the team who emerges from Lewis, Westmoreland,Fairweiw, Camden meets CPA is west. Just my opinion. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan