Tennessean quotes

bogie

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been thinking about that quote all morning, I would challenge that coach to take a week and walk with a public school coach and see what his work habits are, his film study, his practices, his class load, and his basic game week routine. I am not saying private school coach don't do that type of thing, I am just saying how can he make that statement. Not only all these things but I would like to have him accompany me as we go through our off season work out to get OUR kids ready for the next year. None of this entails seeing what need we can fill outside our zoning or county. The Coach that made that statement talks about hard work...how hard do you work when you have SEC level players...In the movie "Blue Chips" it was stated that the coach did his best coaching job when his team went .500. Why did he say this, simply because he got the most out of his talent or lack of talent. I feel like the coach stated that just because some of the schools have not won state championships, they don't work hard.

O.K. lets level the playing field and see how hard you work when you play BA every year. I guess Coach Flatt out works him too. Why did Goodpasture, have bad records when they went to D2, was coach Martin not working hard then, I doubt it, he probably got out athleted..

It don't bother me what the Tennessean says. Worst newspaper in the U.S. This is the same paper that has David Climer as a senior sports writer/editor. Last Saturday they had us (Tullahoma) playing Springfield tonight. Now if we read the Tennessean and believed what they wrote was worth a cent, we would be driving to Springfield instead of White House. Go Figure!!

I am not in favor of this split, but if Coach Smith needs to look for the underlying reasons behind it, he need look no farther than his bathroom mirror in the morning.

If the quotes in the Tennesseean are accurate (and I agree, that is a stretch) he needs to "self-edit" a bit more before he speaks. A coach whose teams have no problem with scoring 60 or 70 points on someone can't really be serious that it's all because he "outworked" them, can he?

You are totaly right.I,m against the split as well.It is totally unfair for alot of people.But what you said about Coach Smith is right.The mirror is where the truth lies.He must feel important having the whole system changed because he liked to toy with little defenceless schools for personal records.How many records did he set at Greenbriar when he was playing against teams with equal talent.