Districts 11-12A (Region 6A)

I wish some of the ca posters were around to talk with but it's just monkey. If there's one thing that come from that game it's the fact that ca knows if WC holds onto the ball and make them drive the whole field, WC can stop them. WC defense wore down in the fourth qtr from being on the field so much. Was that not a fun game to watch if you like some hard nosed, run over you type football! And I'm talking the hits were thrown both ways. I love it when it gets physical!

only flaw in that logic is (apparently) WCHS hasn't held onto the ball all year.  so saying "if we hold onto the ball we win" or such doesn't hold much water because that is the fundamental problem WCHS has.  Honestly, fumbling has been a problem for WCHS since I have played (yes some years were, some wern't)  I remember that hammock guy used to like palm the ball as he ran, and if I recall he even fumbled it a ton.  

I am not saying WC is not good, or not bad.  I am just saying, how good is a team that has a qb that throws 10 interceptions a game?  It doesn't matter the talent on the team, if you have a team that has not been taught fundamentals, you are going to have a hard time winning games.  

That's also the thing with the veer (yes I am hard on it, but yes I also understand it very well) the offensive backfield has to be just as disciplined as the defense trying to stop it.  If RB's start trying to rip the ball out of a QB hand, and the QB reads to pull the ball chances are there is going to be a fumble, and that is my guess as to what is happening with WC.  

Edited by Monkey Wrench

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol.... The HammAck guy and I work together. You are right he used to palm it. He said he palmed it all the way to the endzone making people miss.😀

Wrench you're right about it not mattering how much talent a team has. If a team can't stop the turnovers, then a team that can capitalize on it will. I think WC is averaging about 3 fumbles and an INT every game. That's what we had against CA. Columbia won fair and square and deserved it for never giving up.

Also, CA would have been the region champs last year as well. WC beat CA but we lost to cwood and MtP.

Lol.... The HammAck guy and I work together. You are right he used to palm it. He said he palmed it all the way to the endzone making people miss.

Wrench you're right about it not mattering how much talent a team has. If a team can't stop the turnovers, then a team that can capitalize on it will. I think WC is averaging about 3 fumbles and an INT every game. That's what we had against CA. Columbia won fair and square and deserved it for never giving up.

Also, CA would have been the region champs last year as well. WC beat CA but we lost to cwood and MtP.

Didn't work that homecoming  :mrgreen:

Was that the game CA kicked onside every time?

I think we pooch kicked every time.  took like 2 kickoff returns for TD's and broke lke 3 70+ yard runs.  

I think the coach felt sorry for your offense and was trying to give yall the ball in good field position, yall just wouldn't take it!  ^_^  :mrgreen:

Edited by Monkey Wrench

I think we pooch kicked every time. took like 2 kickoff returns for TD's and broke lke 3 70+ yard runs.

I think the coach felt sorry for your offense and was trying to give yall the ball in good field position, yall just wouldn't take it! ^_^:mrgreen:

Oh yeah. I remember practice after that. Starting kickoff return (or maybe starting kickoff team) was put up against the entire rest of the team. Wildcatalumni and another guy were kind enough twist my knee up on that. Good times. Edited by wildcatpride70