Giles Co. VS Lincoln Co.

JAFO

If Franklin county wants to call that a "win" they can have it. Judging their record over the past few years they need it!

Now as for GC, I think I need to pump the breaks on my enthusiasm. We have a lot of star power, but we do need to play together as a team. We play at least four teams better than warren... Got to get our minds right.

Couldn't agree more 52. #10 & #55 had their game on. Doc was doing all he could considering. Mental errors. These seniors need to meet by themselves and set an example for the younger guys. Playing hard mentally & physically EVERY play is whats expected. They got what they needed last night. A dose of reality. I expect them to strap up a little tighter this week. Game on now..... :ugeek:

Giles has only won 1 preseason scrimmage.

If you are referring to the game @ Franklin Co. as a loss, congratulations. While starters were in for both sides the score ended up at 21 to 7. Giles elected to start subbing at beginning of the second half, however Franklin chose not to until 2 minutes into the fourth. So yeah I guess their starters whipped up on our 2nd and third stringers. Its called preseason for a reason, sadly alot of schools invite a state caliber team to scrimmage them, pack the stands and act like its a huge deal that the scoreboard is in their favor. As for the Warren Couhty game, the Pioneers looked great, good looking football team. Giles didnt look their best, Warren was sharp. We scrimmage to make improvements and see where we are, not say "Hey we beat Giles Co." thats just a little naive. Have a good year Dixie I am sure we will hear from you again.

Edited by Catfan68

I'll send out a personal challenge to the dline and lbers. Teams don't want to try and throw on doc and cameron. They want to run on y'all. Y'all gotta step ur game up!

You were backups for some really good players the last two years. Show that u learned something from them. I know Boone will do his part. I think majors and Langford will too. Let's go

Make as many excuses as you want, but all teams have people out resting for week 0. All teams didn't show everything and you still lost. Lincoln Co will knock huge wholes into that porous defensive line. O'Connell's team graduated last year! ;)

O Connell? Your right, dont know what we would do without your gridiron experteese. Are you gonna man up and tell us who you support on Friday Night or just troll around dogging people? Seen yor posts on alot of feeds.

Go falcons! I'll be wearing a blue #20 jersey Friday night sitting with the winning team.

Sorry, we probably wont have any room for you on our side, But you can wear your jersey, weve had alot of people over the years tell us how bad they are going whip us at home only to leave with the ole tail between their legs, yeah we have lost a few, but not many. If you do it I will congratulate you all day long, better bring your best A game.....Good Luck and enjoy your visit :thumb: !!!  BTW, who is O'Connell?

Edited by Catfan68

Make as many excuses as you want, but all teams have people out resting for week 0. All teams didn't show everything and you still lost. Lincoln Co will knock huge wholes into that porous defensive line. O'Connell's team graduated last year! ;)

Seems to me as if you need to ask Santa for a dictionary this year, fella. Ask Columbia Central about the huge "holes" in the GC defense. Admittedly we did not have our best night about in Warren Co. Several starters were injured and players were being tried in positions at which they had practiced little. We looked out of shape and listless. However come Friday night at 7:00 at the Brickyard, a different team will take the field. Shame on us for taking a "this is just a scrimmage mentality" last Friday night. I can promise you that an attitude adjustment will be handed out this week during practice. If I remember correctly, your fair Lincoln Co folks predicted we would have a losing season last year after you caught us slipping jn the season opener. Funny I didn't run into any of you all when I was in Cookeville last December? As for last year's group being "O'Connell's" team, well I beg your pardon there. David O'CONNOR walked away for greener pastures (in his opinion) and left Walt Smith a group of boys who were talented indeed but who, with all due respect, were incapable of getting to state playoffs without a good group of coaches to guide them and direct them. Together our players and coaches saw state playoffs together and will give everything they have to see it again. One other note about "O'Connell" , let's not forget the sanctions he left for Smith and his bunch to battle through and the Trojan Horse of a two year agreement to play Ensworth. But go ahead and lay your head on your pillow each night until Friday and dream about handing a butt whipping to the Bobcats.

Edited by Bobkat9004