Who wins District 3A and 4A

Ladyramshoop

well, we have been battling to get in the win column.  Truthfully, we have played a murderous early season schedule.  Finally jumped in and beat a solid Unicoi Co team that got nipped by OS by 1.  I think these games we have played early will play dividends in the long run.  We won't see as many stout teams through the regular season as we have up to this point.  No one likes to lose but Coach West might end up looking like a genius if the kids end up playing better as we go along.   They have been run through the ringer and they are starting to gell as evident by the 18 point win against Unicoi.   

Kazzy

• 2 weeks later...

That ended up being our most disappointing evening to date.  Lined up against a team we are capable of beating and just shot blanks all night.  Shooting woes by both teams could be attributed to the others defense but largely just seemed to be too many misses on good looks.  Fail to do that on any night and you get what you get.  Was not the cause of the outcome, but that officiating crew had no consistency at all.  They indicated Oneida's ball near the end then proceeded to hand the ball to a Wartburg player who threw a baseball pass to a teammate for an easy score because everyone was on Oneida's end of the floor.  Obvious backcourt where kid caught a ball and dribbled behind the line?  Sheesh....regardless Wartburg played well enough to win and I'm sure that has OS breathing easier.  The tough schedule has our confidence ebbing and it ain't going to improve visiting Clarkrange this Friday. 

Kazanity

Re-read that post....I said it was not the cause of the outcome (refs).  Although I stand behind my opinion that is was the most sub par high school refs I have witnessed this year.  I am irritated at the energy of the team too....too many looking around to see if someone is going to take control of the game.  If it is such a pain to play with intensity for Coach W, just take up basket weaving.  I think he took the demanding schedule to challenge the kids, but sometimes it appears they don't want that kind of challenge?  Wartburg played very well last night, and I agree, they deserved the win.  Still, you wonder where our head was last night....?

kazanity

I just don't understand how you aren't ready to play a team that's won 3 of last 4 district titles! We play Clarkrange next and they will not be in a great mood after loosing, this year may just be one we need to focus on improvement and play for tournament. But I also don't think the season will be decided this week either. Wartburg might lose to Coalfield and we could still beat os I guess we will see

I agree that things are yet to be decided, but losing an early home game means your going to have to not suffer another letdown going forward.  We were not sharp at all the other night and the kids are just going to have to settle back into the play that got them the three game winning streak.  I also agree that this Clarkrange game isn't the best one to be going into after the effort we had on Tuesday and the fact that the Lady Buffs are coming off a loss.  Not a good combination.  Perhaps we regain momentum going into the Christmas Tournament with Sunbright and Cumberland Gap.  My expectation is that we will be 4-1 going into the first game with OS....if we aren't, then their head ain't on straight.

Kazamoto

Laid a stinking pile of poop.....and you should be surprised because we actually can shoot it pretty well more often than not.  I'm not going to take anything away from Wartburg's effort...they played hard and kept after it.  Our kids have been through the ringer with the early season schedule and I hope it serves it's purpose in helping us grow tougher and stronger.  We'll get on a little run before long because there is no way the second half is gonna be harder than the first is/was.  Funny thing is, I'm not certain how the regular season is going to go, but i bet most teams will feel they can make a post season run regardless of where they finish up.  I think I've seen just 2 teams that were clearly out of our league this year.....some of the others were kinda snowball kinda thing.  Got whipped by a team and less than 24 hours later....ran into another good ballclub. 

Kaz