Webb @ Maryville

Vols12345678

I was there, too. My son was a captain of the team and a friend of Desmond's..and still is. It happened right in front of where I was sitting. He was tackled by another player and down and as the official blew the whistle an OR player hit him high before he could hit the ground. I can still replay it in my mind 4 years later. I didn't say it was a dirty play. It was unnecessary and classless. It not only didn't intimidate the team, it motivated them to a 35-14 win.

What? The hit on Horne was not a dirty hit, Earl. I was at that game. Unfortunate that he got hurt, but it was a football play plain and simple. Unfortunately sometimes those plays happen. Also the injury to your guys' #4 the other night was also just a football play. Those things happen. You have lost me with the late hits dirty play comment. I saw none of that in any games OR played against The Rebels, whatsoever. They were all tough, hard hitting affairs with both teams having the utmost respect for one another. Don't go there man.

I was there, too. My son was a captain of the team and a friend of Desmond's..and still is. It happened right in front of where I was sitting. He was tackled by another player and down and as the official blew the whistle an OR player hit him high before he could hit the ground. I can still replay it in my mind 4 years later. I didn't say it was a dirty play. It was unnecessary and classless. It not only didn't intimidate the team, it motivated them to a 35-14 win.

Now,if your Vols could just get a win

You know what's funny is I have that game on DVD and I just WATCHED it. Nowhere near being a late hit and not classless in the least bit. Would you like me to mail you a copy? Sorry man, but unfortunately those types of plays happen. That's football.