Webb @ Maryville

Vols12345678

Maryville Athletic Director has already said it would like to move up to 6A. Enrollment places them in 5A. They had no choice in the 5A or  6A debate.  A school will have to want to vacate the 6A classification for Maryville to move up. The question becomes, who wants to move out of 6A when you are guaranteed a post season game even if you finish the regular season 0-10. Very hard to like the new plan because of the automatic bids for the super 32. 

Good win against Webb.  Tough opener for both teams. Moving on to the Battle of Pistol Creek, Alcoa vs. Maryville . On paper a very tough game for both teams. But whatever the record, whatever the talent on either team, it all comes down to executing on the field of play.  Tune in on FM 94.3 7:00 PM. 

Just a little note, Maryville High School is the only school in TSSAA history to have over 100 playoff wins. 103 to be exact.

Good win against Webb.  Tough opener for both teams. Moving on to the Battle of Pistol Creek, Alcoa vs. Maryville . On paper a very tough game for both teams. But whatever the record, whatever the talent on either team, it all comes down to executing on the field of play.  Tune in on FM 94.3 7:00 PM. 

Just a little note, Maryville High School is the only school in TSSAA history to have over 100 playoff wins. 103 to be exact.

I'm ready for the Maryville-Alcoa game! It should be a good game until Maryville wears the Tornadoes down with their superior depth. :thumb:

Actually they have more than that. If I am not mistaken they have 105 if this webpage is up to date, which I think it is...http://www.tennprepdb.com/teamhomeseasons.aspx?Team1=Maryville

Edited by SweetScience

I live in Middle Tennessee and I always here how if Maryville played Ensworth they would lose. When Maryville was in lower classifications people like you bladerunner always said Maryville is good but if they were in 6A they would lose. I guess its because Maryville is the standard and some folks want to take them down. Yea and I guess if Maryville was in the NFL they couldnt beat the Seahawks. I get it. Everyone has an opinion but please offer something more than that. Fulton is great and all and I guess we should shake in our boots because they ran up the Powell score which GQ would not have done but Riddle me this....How many folks have thought the very same thing you think and when they match wits with GQ they find it not so easy. Can someone tell me in his tenor as head coach at Maryville how many games he has lost? Is it less than 15? So before going down this road think it through. Maryville can be beat but so can Fulton and so can the Seahawks.

14 loses in as many years