Webb @ Maryville

Vols12345678

Defense looked solid.  You are going to give some yards up to the wing T because that is just the way the offense is designed and how a defense has to attack it.

If I am a DC playing Webb the rest of the year though, I am just going to key on the guards and watch their stance.  It will tell you exactly what they are about to do.  I've never seen guards line up so deep to pull.  That said, they will win the private small class with ease.  They are a good team.

A deflection and a nice play by the end were the INTs.  Much more impressed by the first TD pass than I am bothered by the INTs.  Offense sputtered, but I'm not sure GQ even looked at the bottom half of page 1 pf the playbook, much less page 2.

Defense looked solid.  You are going to give some yards up to the wing T because that is just the way the offense is designed and how a defense has to attack it.

If I am a DC playing Webb the rest of the year though, I am just going to key on the guards and watch their stance.  It will tell you exactly what they are about to do.  I've never seen guards line up so deep to pull.  That said, they will win the private small class with ease.  They are a good team.

A deflection and a nice play by the end were the INTs.  Much more impressed by the first TD pass than I am bothered by the INTs.  Offense sputtered, but I'm not sure GQ even looked at the bottom half of page 1 pf the playbook, much less page 2.

Do you think Alcoa will be tougher than Webb?

Solly eye tolt a few tha saim thang......Thay ethur didn't haiv enuff on tha line ov scrimmage orr two minny inn tha baickfeeled.... :popcorneater:

There were a couple of times I gave it a double look because I thought they were using up-backs.  I've never seen a team line a guy pulling that much.  They were a solid half-yard or more deep at times.

Do you think Alcoa will be tougher than Webb?

I'd assume so.  Haven't seen Alcoa play though.  Will guess Alcoa will have better skill players but Webb might be better in their D-line.  They had some big boys.

I live in Middle Tennessee and I always here how if Maryville played Ensworth they would lose. When Maryville was in lower classifications people like you bladerunner always said Maryville is good but if they were in 6A they would lose. I guess its because Maryville is the standard and some folks want to take them down. Yea and I guess if Maryville was in the NFL they couldnt beat the Seahawks. I get it. Everyone has an opinion but please offer something more than that. Fulton is great and all and I guess we should shake in our boots because they ran up the Powell score which GQ would not have done but Riddle me this....How many folks have thought the very same thing you think and when they match wits with GQ they find it not so easy. Can someone tell me in his tenor as head coach at Maryville how many games he has lost? Is it less than 15? So before going down this road think it through. Maryville can be beat but so can Fulton and so can the Seahawks.

I'm away from the house to look it up, but I think GQ's record is 208-14.