Union City Tornadoes take on the Dyersburg Trojans at the Jamboree

BigSwo

Well the season is getting started this Friday night for the Tornadoes. Sorta. I know jamborees are not supposed to be used to gauge how a team will perform in the regualr season but......it's high school football and I cant wait to see some hitting. Coach Bowiling spent a little time in Dyersburg a few years back in the 07 season and I'm sure he wants to come away on top. This will be a good test for UC since we are playing up a couple of classifications to a annually strong Trojan team. I don't know anything about them other than they are usually in the playoff mix in thier division. I am looking forward to see how our boys match up. I simply want us to Compete, Play Physical and for Pete's sake Limit Fumbles.

Don't look for a lot from Dyersburg, or even if they care if they come out on top or not. Coach Stowe will focus more on getting his team ready for the first game. For Dyersburg, just a game situation practice.

Dyersburg has a lot of work to do as that front line on both sides of the ball is as green as the grass. Them boys so young they don't even have a learner a permit yet. Their Moma's gotta drive them to and from school.

Edited by mg
  • Upvote 1

Union City will not show anything either but will come to  play.  There will be at least 3 starters not playing so just a dress rehearsal and some plays to run.  Should be a fun night with the three games.

Not much to show with Union City... fullback dive left and right, jet sweep left and right, and the occasional pass over the middle for a 60 yard TD... The only thing is, no one can stop it...

Mg, do you have the whole schedule for the jamboree?

In just  a few more hours my Tornadoes will be knocking heads with the Dyersburg Trojans at the jamboree. I'm looking forward to see how we match up with those boys. Athletically they should match up well being from a bigger school. It's simple as usual for me I just want us to Compete, Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Praying for an injury free game. Go Tornadoes.

In just a few more hours my Tornadoes will be knocking heads with the Dyersburg Trojans at the jamboree. I'm looking forward to see how we match up with those boys. Athletically they should match up well being from a bigger school. It's simple as usual for me I just want us to Compete, Play Physical and Limit Fumbles. Praying for an injury free game. Go Tornadoes.

Don't look for a lot from Dyersburg, or even if they care if they come out on top or not. Coach Stowe will focus more on getting his team ready for the first game. For Dyersburg, just a game situation practice.

Dyersburg has a lot of work to do as that front line on both sides of the ball is as green as the grass. Them boys so young they don't even have a learner a permit yet. Their Moma's gotta drive them to and from school.

Results from jamboree

14 to 7 against Dyersburg 1st string.....Union City line is huge on both sides....Dyersburg line is very small this year and very young.....

Union City would probably beat any team on Dyersburg schedule this year, except maybe Crockett.

Edited by mg
  • Upvote 1

Didn't get to make the game tonight but was texted during the game basically play by play.  Union City had 4 starters out....  Their main running back, their best lineman, their kicker/safety and another linebacker.  And from what they said, Union City vs. Crocket would have been a great game if Union City had been at full speed.  They also told me Union City would have beaten Dyersburg as bad as they wanted in a full game and spanked them just in 2 quarter with ball control.