Week 0: Rockwood @ Oneida

crow

I really don't care what the score ends up being as long as we have at least 1 more point than Rockwood.  Your kidding yourself if anyone thinks they are going to be overlooked by our guys.  I'm certain Lambert has hammered that point home this week.  He is jacked which usually means his team will be ready too.  I'll let folks know the score and a little insight after the game.  Toodles!!!!!!!

Kazzy Snazzy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks OnB, good luck to them 'Kees to.

Kazzy, you going? I'm gonna be there but probably won't be standing where folks have been used to seeing me since 2007, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond my or TL's control times change. Still gonna be there and now I can yell what I want as loud as I want when the stripes get it wrong. . . or at least wrong from my point of view :roflolk:  That being said at least now I can watch the game and :popcorneater: That was frowned upon at my previous post :D

Wheels..... or some fabulous breaks.  The onside kick after the touchdown by Rockwood was well executed but they did not get the score off of it.  Oneida got a horrendous no-call on the fourth and 7 because the fumble clearly was caused by contact with the ground.  The tackle took the kids legs out from under him and the ball came out from underneath his body when he hit the ground.  The play should have been ruled dead at that point.....Rockwood picked it up and reversed field for a first down.  I'm not knocking the Tigers, they hung in there and made some great plays to win this game but you can't help thinking the Tribe squandered the opportunity to finish better.  I have no idea what the total yards were but I'm guessing the indians had more.  Ball security will be emphasized all week.....Heck, Lambert may make those kids sleep and carry balls to school all next week. 

Am I surprised at the outcome?  No, because I said before you'd be an idiot to think Rockwood wouldn't be ready to play tonight too.  These two teams personify small town football teams and they met with tremendous poise and dignity at the fifty after it was over.  Kept the faithfull in their seats to the end.  I'm still very optimistic because arguably one of our strongest players had to watch this one from the sidelines and I am sure he would have impacted this game had he been available.  Pujo, I expect we'll be up to try to right our wrongs next Friday.  Gonna have to fire up some mules.

Kazanity

Kaz, we only had 2 turnovers. 1 of those was the pick with less than 30 seconds left in the game. Our problem is we couldn't pick up the ball when the tigers put it on the ground or the onside kick. Oh well, back to work, got some dogs we gotta try to muzzle in about a week.

Wheels..... or some fabulous breaks.  The onside kick after the touchdown by Rockwood was well executed but they did not get the score off of it.  Oneida got a horrendous no-call on the fourth and 7 because the fumble clearly was caused by contact with the ground.  The tackle took the kids legs out from under him and the ball came out from underneath his body when he hit the ground.  The play should have been ruled dead at that point.....Rockwood picked it up and reversed field for a first down.  I'm not knocking the Tigers, they hung in there and made some great plays to win this game but you can't help thinking the Tribe squandered the opportunity to finish better.  I have no idea what the total yards were but I'm guessing the indians had more.  Ball security will be emphasized all week.....Heck, Lambert may make those kids sleep and carry balls to school all next week. 

Am I surprised at the outcome?  No, because I said before you'd be an idiot to think Rockwood wouldn't be ready to play tonight too.  These two teams personify small town football teams and they met with tremendous poise and dignity at the fifty after it was over.  Kept the faithfull in their seats to the end.  I'm still very optimistic because arguably one of our strongest players had to watch this one from the sidelines and I am sure he would have impacted this game had he been available.  Pujo, I expect we'll be up to try to right our wrongs next Friday.  Gonna have to fire up some mules.

Kazanity

What a game two teams played their guts out. The fumble looked to me like the ball was out before the ball carrier hit the ground but most of the time I'm wrong and Ive not seen any tape.

I would have been just as proud of the Tigers if they had lost 13 to 0. Good luck to the Tribe I hope you guys go 9 and 1 this year!

Another turnover on drive inside Rockwood territory by Oneida RB (#30 I think), he got hit by a player he didn't see I believe.  On the onside kick I think two Oneida players touched it before Rockwood recovered.  I saw a tape this morning, and the Rockwood player landed on the ball when it squirted out......should be a dead ball at that point.  I agree....it was a great game and both teams hung it out to dry.  Perhaps, we get a rematch in play-offs (provided we both make it).  Be another interesting opportunity.  Alas, Tigers won.....nothing changes the outcome.  Just got to regroup and move to the next one.

Kaz