What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Different coaches. Not the one that said he is trying to work out an offer. I just reached out to get a feel from a few coaches i know well on a personal level and both sort of shut me down quickly. Just said they were choosing to pass. Another coach i know said he thinks he will end up d2. Im not sure. There is something not coming to the top on this. Talent is there. No question. I am not well versed enough on the kid to question his heart but he showed some this summer.

It's probably not fair of me to question Henderson's heart/motor - I've only seen him play a couple of times against CCHS and Stone, but I didn't come away thinking this guy is definitely D1, he wasn't dominate especially against Stone last year.  I know that he has had some big moments though - I read that he performed well in Crossville this summer at a unapproved website AAU Showcase play day against top competition.  I hope that he does well and lands a D1 scolly if that is what he wants.

Henderson has D1 talent/size...  But I'd never take him on my D1 team.    Just from watching him a few times, I question his mindset.  I've seen him block a pg, stare him down while the ball is still in play, and the offense rebound and score and he wasn't even paying attention.  I've also seen him get silly technicals in big games. I don't know the kid, and haven't coached him so maybe these are 1 time incidents?? Just what i've seen.

I'm not trying to bash a kid, but we are talking about why he isn't getting bigger looks here, so critiquing is kind of in order.  I hope nothing but the best for him (outside of beating CHS) and hope he has everything in order and does big things for basketball in the UC.  

That is a good point. I have seen him struggle against Stone and Yoder twice and C Ville and the payne kid a couple times. But I've also seen him light up a few good aau teams.

Payne never guarded henderson at all... it was bates.   

And a question about something I read earlier about the best in this district since jolly... are you referring to college material?  Like how they will project to the next level?  Or are you talking about high school player

Payne did guard Henderson. I have game footage and highlights of both payne and henderson from last seasons games on my pc now. But considering bates was only there 1 year and payne has been matched up with him since they were freshmen, id imagine he has guarded him a time or 2. And i just counted 6 plays on hendersons film were payne matched up against him. Not sure what u were watchin. I happened to be at the freshmen tourney were payne torched him. Also coach Kermit at MTSU mentioned the same thing. Don't mind to drip his name cause he said i could. The yoder kid lit him up last year twice. And i have seen do things similar to what u just mentioned. Could be why he hasnt gotten the bigger looks. And i meant as a talent. Best upside. Alos, no offense because we turned a page from arguing a while back but there is new talk about some player issues with the buford kid at c ville and bray. It doesnt seem to be dying.

Ok, well, you might be right ... maybe 6 plays.    But in both games, bates was matched up against him.  Payne was never a good defender at CHS.  Could he block shots with his reach and jumping ability? yes... but he just didn't defend soundly.    But I digress... 

Could be right about buford, he is a different kind of PG.    I don't want to argue either.  

Doubt anyone in the district right now has a good shot at going D1 outside of maybe Henderson.  Unless there is ALOT of improvement happening.  JMO, I'm not a college insider or anything.... :D

You obviously have a strong dislike for both the payne and henderson kids. you are also again using words that are directly aimed at making fun of me. i can send you links all day about those 2 kids if thats what u want because u obviuosly think im just on here blowing smoke. but that is fine. you also obviously love the bates kid, and thats fine. but from a pure talent and basketball skill set, none of them are in hendersons and paynes league. period. it is not up for dicussion. there is a reason why they both have serious interest and or offers at that level. payne is up to 4 d1 offers now. that can be verified before u call me a college insider again. henderson has several looks. just funny that everyhing u say about some of these kids in terms of their negatives are what college coaches are saying as their upsides and positives, but who am i to question that? just that simple. i do agree with u that henderson is the only d1 guy in the district. croslin, cole, richmond are all naia players in my eyes.