What's to expect from 6AAA?

Tenntwin

Fair enough. That may be a bit harsh but fair enough. The offer not only didnt come for Henderson but it didnt for Payne either. I always was very clear to point out i cant guarantee anything but i see your POV. You cant back up claims then you can expect jabs. That's fair. I only reported what i was told. I do know one of the NAIA schools that are so high on him.

Guest WilliamPayne

Against my better judgement, I decided i had to throw my 2 cents into the mix. This is William, John Paynes father. I have been reading these posts for a few weeks now and I have to say it is ridiculous. Let me start with this "stopthepress" guy. He has made some statements that have led me to believe he may have some kind of connection in the local college coaching ranks but overall he is an idiot! Some of the claims he has made about my son show that he has no idea overall what he is talking about! I cannot speak for Kordell but I do know his parents fairly well. Half of the so called offers and inside tips he claims to know of are complete lies. I think I am qualified to speak on what teams are interested or not in my son. I can even speak to a couple that have expressed interest in Kordell to me during the recruitment process. So stopthepress, I am sorry but unless these teams are telling you something about my son but arent bothering to tell me, him,his mother, or high school coach, then you are wrong. But you have made a few claims that seem like you have some type of connection. As far as alumn89 goes, I respect your opinion and lack of respect for my son on the court. You are more than entitled to your opinion. Im sure he will use that as motivation this seasonto try to improve. As far as who has or has not offered my son a full ride scholarship, well I am in no way afraid to say. He has been offered a total of 14 full ride scholarships at various levels from Junior College, NAIA D1 and D2, and NCAA D2 and D1,so I'm confident he is skilled enough in some manner on the court for that many schools to want him. Someone in one of these posts mentioned he has his sights set higher than Bryan, this person doesn't know the situation either. 90warrior, I myself am rather shocked Kordell doesnt have bigger offers but Im sure they will come. Like I said, I know his parents well and we have had many conversations about both John and Kordell. He is too talented not to pick some up. As far as my son coming to live with me and leaving Cookeville,all I will say on that topic is, all involved felt the move to Nashville was best for him, especially since his mother is moving from TN. Idont think I could care any less than I do, nor could my son, what anyone thinks of his game or his skills. He is more than doing his talking on the court and with his recruitment. And for the record he has been a top 50 ranked player for back to back years, but that is irrelevant. I have to completely disagree with any of you that have gotten on here and used high school players names in a negative light. They are still very much kids at this point and do not deserve that. I wish Cookeville the best and agree that Jadon will have a huge year. This is an open forum and you are free to say what you want, but it seems it has gotten out of hand somewhat.

Guest WilliamPayne

Neither John, myself, his mother, or his high school coach have ever received any contact from C USA coach. He has serious interest from over 6 D1 schools and a few offers. I am not afraid to hide anything. I will make it official, her are the sold that have either offered John or have said they will;

Bryan College

Bryant University

ETSU

UT Chattanooga

Lindsey Wilson College

Blue Mountain College

Southern Utah University

New Hampshire University

Roane State

Vol State

Cleveland State

Union University

Kentucky State University

Flagler College

Berea College

Loyola University New Orleans

West Virginia State University

Truett McConnell College

Wallace State Hanceville

Northern Arizona

I'm not in any way bragging or anything close to that. Just making a point. Id put that list up with anyone outside of very high elite players. I'm proud of my son and that is not including 2 or 3 that are frisky recruiting him right now. So stopthepress that is how offers and or serious serious interest despite what you say, and for anyone else that doesn't think he is a solid player, there are a few people that make a living in basketball that would distaste with you. That in no way means I do not respect your opinion or point of view. You have that right and that is completely okay.

Mr. Payne, very nice to have parental input. I value the things you have to say and respect them very much. However, with all due respect, parents very often have no idea what is really going on behind the scenes. You yourself said above that I said a few things that led you to believe I may have some connections. That is because I do. And just because those are the schools you are familiar with doesnt mean that there are no other schools interested in your son sir. In fact there are several I have spoken with directly that like him a lot and are very high on him that you didn't list. I in no way intended to upset anyone or cause any confusion but I stand by all of my statements. I promise there are a few coaches from schools you did not mention that want your son. I stand by my C USA claim because that is what I was told directly. I apologize if I offended you sir. But both your son and Henderson are very high on some lists of schools that have yet to offer.

Stopthepress, give it a rest. Put your name and contact on here if you have advice or back off. Mr. Payne closed the door on that topic and will probably keep us informed of his son's recruitment from now on. The topic is 6AAA...

Edited by chill

Guest WilliamPayne

Thank you Chill. While my boy wont be playing in the 6AAA this year, its still a district I know a little. I think Stone will be decent but they just lost TOO much. That is 3 college players gone. Even if some young guys step up for Rhea, I just don't think it will be enough. And John will actually be visiting Bryans campus on Friday. John played in a tourney with that team in Myrtle Beach I think it was. Cant see anyone fending of White Co. To me the biggest question is who will step up and finish 2nd.

Thank you Chill. While my boy wont be playing in the 6AAA this year, its still a district I know a little. I think Stone will be decent but they just lost TOO much. That is 3 college players gone. Even if some young guys step up for Rhea, I just don't think it will be enough. And John will actually be visiting Bryans campus on Friday. John played in a tourney with that team in Myrtle Beach I think it was. Cant see anyone fending of White Co. To me the biggest question is who will step up and finish 2nd.

I agree.  I think the fight for 2nd will be interesting - I see Cumberland Co., Cookeville, Warren Co., and Stone all with a chance - pulling for the Jets though!  Good luck to your son at GP and on his trip to Bryan.

Guest WilliamPayne

I like CCHS. They have Cookeville a few heartbreaking loses in my sons time there. I want to say Warren, but I just cant bring myself to say it. They have to show me first. I will go with Sparta running away with 1st, may not lose a district game. Followed by Cookeville and CCHS in a tie!. I know they lost A LOT. But I think Jadon and Solen will be solid. I really like Poore from CCHS. Then I'm taking easy way out by saying Stone and Warren also finish in a tie. Rhea can't get out of basement in my opinion. Thank you so much for the well wishes. That is very kind of you. John and I have actually already scouted the schedule and he doesn't play on the same date as the Cookeville Sparta game at Cookeville, so we will make trip up for that one.