5.  Warren County

Media:

1.  White County

2.  Cookeville

3.  Cumberland County

3.  Stone Memorial

5.  Warren County

6.  Rhea County

i think warren is a year away from contending.  i do think warren co. girls will contend for 2nd with white and rhea. also, a little surprised cchs is as high as they are on the boys side. other than the freshmen did yaul get any transfers up there tenntwin?

No transfers.  They lost the one senior from last year in Parsons which is a big loss for them. Poore has stepped his game up a notch this summer/fall, named to the first team at the Knoxville Rocky Top Fall League a few weeks ago - he is very focused, working hard, and motivating the team to do the same - he is their leader in summer/fall workouts/conditioning.  He has three other good seniors with him in Brown, McLauglin, and Daughty. The Junior class is numerous (7), very talented, hustles, and has some size - many of these guys have really matured physically since last season. Something that CCHS hasn't done is play above the rim in recent years, they have 3-4 that can get off the floor now and make warm-ups very entertaining if the refs aren't looking. One of the junior guards at 5'10" is doing 360 dunks - seriously.  I also think a few of these freshmen will contribute this year.  I like their team, they have a very scrappy attitude and can go 12-13 deep with a good balance of guards and forwards and not see much of a drop-off.  I can see them beating or losing to someone they shouldn't; it will be interesting to see how they compete.  

Cant wait guys... Don't get me wrong, I love football... but nothing like a packed house for Cookeville/Sparta or Cookeville/CCHS basketball.

No disrespect to Warren or Rhea, but when CHS, White, CCHS, and Stone have good teams, it just makes for better district atmosphere.  

I think the media day voting is probably how I would have voted as well.  Should be a fun year.  Lets tip it up!

Also, i must admit I think some of the Sparta fans are expecting a little too much... I've heard a few I know talking about state tournament like its a done deal.  I think that might be a stretch. In fact, I think someone in the district will beat White Co this year.  JMO