Huntingdon Mustangs vs. Westview Chargers

Let me break this down for you reeeeeaaaallllll sloooooow Vince Lombardi. We are "trying" to run a 4-4 defense. That's four down lineman, four linebackers, two corners, and ONE SAFETY. And against a team we knew were gonna come out throwing all over the field. I think maybe your the one who needs to learn some "foosball" there water boy. Congrats though, you showed your ignorance. Trust me son the hair on my butt knows more football than you do. Now, moving on.

Hey short bus. We run a 4-3, have for two years now. We always have two safeties. Sometimes we get in a different front but always have two safeties. Go back to lurking, and quit being that daddy who gets mad when his son doesn't get his touches.

Go back and read football for dummies again. We play again next week maybe you should watch the game cause you've missed the last two weeks. Maybe one of your coach buddies told you they are running a 4-3 at some point but let me break it down for you again reaaaaaaaaaallllllllyyyy sllllllllllllllllllllooooooooowwwwwwww this time.

We have four down lineman and four backers all within 7 yards of the ball....the other team is running trip receivers all night and we lock our one safety in coverage with no deep help. I don't care if you want to call it a 4-3 or a Chinese fire drill. If you know football you know that's not a 4-3. We switched to a 4-3 before halftime maybe the last 2-3 defensive stands then went back to a 4-4 in 2nd half. There ain't no changing stupid so believe what you want. You have embarrassed yourself so just stop commenting before it gets worse. Lol

I'm new to this coaching t and its fun.  You guys take can't take it so personal, opinions are like but holes, everyone got one. but some just stink worse than others, lol, but amannamed horse is correct on the defensive coverage.  We rarely ever have 2 safeties.  Stangs run both 4-4 and 4-3, but majority of the night was 4-4, hence only 1 safety, and we fired 2 of the 4 linebacker and completely took them out of the game all night.  The first big play Martin had, quarter back scamper was due to line back fired 5 yards deep into backfield completely over pursued.  we didn't make adjustment and kept doing it all night long.  didn't even have to worry about trying to block Stang linebackers as they kept firing and taking themselves out of play.

Also, I love Coach Swensen the winning air and attitude and positive upbeat he brings, but he can be a little bullheaded sometimes with the ground/pound off tackle.  this year he has speed and studs in the back field. 2 years ago he coached up and chalkboard up an un-expecting team to state championship game, no speed so had to go with the unorthodox beast package same last year other than one hilliard.  But this year you have #3, #15, #11 and on and on stable of running backs & speed, so we don't have to run 44 & 33 super powers 10 times in a row.  I don't recall one sweep play vs chargers that they didn't get 10+ yards on, but we didn't try it enough.  But hey I don't have a state championship ring on my finger nor a runner up so take us to the promise land again Swenson.

I'm new to this coaching t and its fun. You guys take can't take it so personal, opinions are like but holes, everyone got one. but some just stink worse than others, lol, but amannamed horse is correct on the defensive coverage. We rarely ever have 2 safeties. Stangs run both 4-4 and 4-3, but majority of the night was 4-4, hence only 1 safety, and we fired 2 of the 4 linebacker and completely took them out of the game all night. The first big play Martin had, quarter back scamper was due to line back fired 5 yards deep into backfield completely over pursued. we didn't make adjustment and kept doing it all night long. didn't even have to worry about trying to block Stang linebackers as they kept firing and taking themselves out of play.

Also, I love Coach Swensen the winning air and attitude and positive upbeat he brings, but he can be a little bullheaded sometimes with the ground/pound off tackle. this year he has speed and studs in the back field. 2 years ago he coached up and chalkboard up an un-expecting team to state championship game, no speed so had to go with the unorthodox beast package same last year other than one hilliard. But this year you have #3, #15, #11 and on and on stable of running backs & speed, so we don't have to run 44 & 33 super powers 10 times in a row. I don't recall one sweep play vs chargers that they didn't get 10+ yards on, but we didn't try it enough. But hey I don't have a state championship ring on my finger nor a runner up so take us to the promise land again Swenson.

And 3 years ago he did not even make it passed the quarter final with a team that should of won the state. Edited by horse
  • Upvote 1

I'm new to this coaching t and its fun.  You guys take can't take it so personal, opinions are like but holes, everyone got one. but some just stink worse than others, lol, but amannamed horse is correct on the defensive coverage.  We rarely ever have 2 safeties.  Stangs run both 4-4 and 4-3, but majority of the night was 4-4, hence only 1 safety, and we fired 2 of the 4 linebacker and completely took them out of the game all night.  The first big play Martin had, quarter back scamper was due to line back fired 5 yards deep into backfield completely over pursued.  we didn't make adjustment and kept doing it all night long.  didn't even have to worry about trying to block Stang linebackers as they kept firing and taking themselves out of play.

Also, I love Coach Swensen the winning air and attitude and positive upbeat he brings, but he can be a little bullheaded sometimes with the ground/pound off tackle.  this year he has speed and studs in the back field. 2 years ago he coached up and chalkboard up an un-expecting team to state championship game, no speed so had to go with the unorthodox beast package same last year other than one hilliard.  But this year you have #3, #15, #11 and on and on stable of running backs & speed, so we don't have to run 44 & 33 super powers 10 times in a row.  I don't recall one sweep play vs chargers that they didn't get 10+ yards on, but we didn't try it enough.  But hey I don't have a state championship ring on my finger nor a runner up so take us to the promise land again Swenson.

Guys listen, Huntingdon does not run a 4-4 anymore. Relax men and quit crying like women.