Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

Now West/Alcoa that would be a ballgame. Or Alcoa/Fulton

We've steamrolled Fulton the last 4 times we played them. I would like to see Alcoa and West play, but West probably gets enough of Blount County, LOL. I think we want to see those West, Oak Ridge, or Sevier Co matchups mainly because we haven't played those teams in so long, if ever, that we just want to see it play out instead of imagining Alcoa steamrolling them.

We've steamrolled Fulton the last 4 times we played them. I would like to see Alcoa and West play, but West probably gets enough of Blount County, LOL. I think we want to see those West, Oak Ridge, or Sevier Co matchups mainly because we haven't played those teams in so long, if ever, that we just want to see it play out instead of imagining Alcoa steamrolling them.

I understand. I think OR/Alcoa have played 3 times and the latest time being in 1968. I definitely don't think Alcoa would've steamrolled Fulton last year nor do I think they would this year, either. Those would've been great games. Hey, I wouldn't mind at all playing Alcoa, but I would be lying if I said it made much sense to. And yes, I think they would get the better of us, but a lot of teams would be in that boat playing Alcoa.

I understand. I think OR/Alcoa have played 3 times and the latest time being in 1968. I definitely don't think Alcoa would've steamrolled Fulton last year nor do I think they would this year, either. Those would've been great games. Hey, I wouldn't mind at all playing Alcoa, but I would be lying if I said it made much sense to. And yes, I think they would get the better of us, but a lot of teams would be in that boat playing Alcoa.

You're right, from a playoff standpoint, it would be pointless for Oak Ridge to play Alcoa. But you never know. I mean, Rankin's last game at Riverdale was at OR in the 2005 semis, where the Cats finally got past Riverdale 17-0. Maybe Joe Gaddis wants to have a chance to get his first win against Rankin (0-3 from 1993-95). I don't know what OR's schedule will look like after the realignment, but if you can convince Gaddis to work out a home-and-away with Rankin, just maybe it'll happen. Think of the crowds.......

Why do you guys think so? I think Alcoa would steamroll SC this year. Not sure why that would be such a great game in yalls eyes? But, they would steamroll most other teams not named Maryville also.

I just think it would be a close hard fought game. Alcoa will win another Blue Cross Bowl and SC will probably be 11-2 again(a couple of losses to Maryville).

Edited by BigDave1967

You're right, from a playoff standpoint, it would be pointless for Oak Ridge to play Alcoa. But you never know. I mean, Rankin's last game at Riverdale was at OR in the 2005 semis, where the Cats finally got past Riverdale 17-0. Maybe Joe Gaddis wants to have a chance to get his first win against Rankin (0-3 from 1993-95). I don't know what OR's schedule will look like after the realignment, but if you can convince Gaddis to work out a home-and-away with Rankin, just maybe it'll happen. Think of the crowds.......

It would be a great atmosphere, no doubt about it. It will be interesting to see how the new re-alignment works out in terms of scheduling etc. Best wishes to Alcoa and Maryville this year. Two top quality programs in Tennessee without a doubt.

I just think it would be a close hard fought game. Alcoa will win another Blue Cross Bowl and SC will probably be 9-1 again(a loss to Maryville).

I think it would be very similar to the games that SC has with Maryville. Not very competitive, but that's just my opinion. SC to me is kinda like DB they're great against their level of competition, but when stacked up to teams like Maryville or alcoa they don't have much to offer. But, the same could be said about a lot of schools. Maryville/Alcoa right now are just in a league of their own.

I think it would be very similar to the games that SC has with Maryville. Not very competitive, but that's just my opinion. SC to me is kinda like DB they're great against their level of competition, but when stacked up to teams like Maryville or alcoa they don't have much to offer. But, the same could be said about a lot of schools. Maryville/Alcoa right now are just in a league of their own.

Sevier County will probably go 9-1 in the regular season with a loss to Maryville and third round of the Playoffs and lose to Maryville again