Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

Oak Ridge, Sevier Co, Dobyns-Bennett, Science Hill, Farragut and Bearden (will only scrimmage us), Jefferson Co (only scrimmaged us, and according to their players were going "head hunting" :roflol: ) just to name a few.

Rankin has to make between 80-90 calls begging schools to play him. Remember, Alcoa has 5 non-district games besides Maryville to fill, which is hard when no one wants to play you.

When did Alcoa try to schedule sevier Co.? Would love to play Alcoa, especially if we have Maryville in our schedule too

Two of the top football programs in TN playing for local bragging rights. A lot of very good high school players on both teams. A handful of big and small college players on both teams. Enough coaches on both teams to play 11 on 11. A lot of history to discuss. Great fan support.

MURVIL IS THE WINNING TEAM! ALCOA IS THE LOSING TEAM! HOW MANY ALCOA GRADS WERE THE REFEREES? 31-16 IS THE SCOREBOARD! SCOREBOARD! SCOREBOARD!

I hope both teams stay healthy.

Alcoa. No offense, but why would a team like Sevier Co, Oak Ridge, Farragut, or anyone schedule Alcoa for a regular season game? Personally I wouldn't mind it a bit, but it just doesn't make sense with how seeding in the playoffs work. Plus, it is just too much risk with no reward like an earlier poster said. If you're the 6A team and you win it really doesn't help you with seeding, but if you lose ahaha you lost to a 3A school. Granted, Alcoa isn't your typical 3A school (they can play with anybody in the state), but you know what I mean. If Maryville and Alcoa wasn't such a big rivalry and so close in proximity do you still think Maryville would elect to play them? I don't know? Honest question. Take away all the history and past games of this series and Maryville and Alcoa are separated by lots of miles, does Maryville still play Alcoa or is that game "too risky" for them? Honest question.

What position did u play?

I've never played a down of football but I love the game. Every facet of it, except bottom feeding trollers that come on other teams thread that have no interest in either team except jealousy because their team will never reach the level that Alcoa & Maryville preform at on those teams off day! Edited by rebelwoman87

Alcoa. No offense, but why would a team like Sevier Co, Oak Ridge, Farragut, or anyone schedule Alcoa for a regular season game? Personally I wouldn't mind it a bit, but it just doesn't make sense with how seeding in the playoffs work. Plus, it is just too much risk with no reward like an earlier poster said. If you're the 6A team and you win it really doesn't help you with seeding, but if you lose ahaha you lost to a 3A school. Granted, Alcoa isn't your typical 3A school (they can play with anybody in the state), but you know what I mean. If Maryville and Alcoa wasn't such a big rivalry and so close in proximity do you still think Maryville would elect to play them? I don't know? Honest question. Take away all the history and past games of this series and Maryville and Alcoa are separated by lots of miles, does Maryville still play Alcoa or is that game "too risky" for them? Honest question.

Good post, and it goes back to what I posted earlier, saying that the 6A schools don't want to risk losing to Alcoa and having to be road warriors in November (although Oak Ridge had a couple of good runs under Blade). It's all because the T$$AA set it up to where you can't lose any games at all if you don't want to travel in the playoffs.

Never said they did, but Sevier never tried to schedule Alcoa either. I would definitely be for it though. But I'm not Coach Rankin or Coach Linginfelter (hope i spelled that right), and it's their call.

I thought u meant Alcoa reached out and we said no. Sorry I misunderstood you. Hopefully the coaches see it like we do and schedule the game. I think it could b interesting and a good challenge for us. We r off this week, looking forward to watching mairvul vs Alcoa tomorrow night

I thought u meant Alcoa reached out and we said no. Sorry I misunderstood you. Hopefully the coaches see it like we do and schedule the game. I think it could b interesting and a good challenge for us. We r off this week, looking forward to watching mairvul vs Alcoa tomorrow night

Well, Sevier already has at least one tough game in Maryville. I'm sure the reason to not schedule Alcoa is because you literally can't lose any games in 6A unless you want to travel in the playoffs. So it's a smart move honestly. BUT, it'd make a heck of a game.

Well, Sevier already has at least one tough game in Maryville. I'm sure the reason to not schedule Alcoa is because you literally can't lose any games in 6A unless you want to travel in the playoffs. So it's a smart move honestly. BUT, it'd make a heck of a game.

Yeah,Alcoa-Sevier County would be one heck of a good game.