Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

From what I understand, one of the best high school games ever. 42-41 on a blocked PAT in overtime.

It was the greatest I have ever seen personally. And I am saying that from a non-biased standpoint. Doesn't get much better. You win the game you go to the state title and both teams had AA's (Summers&Helton) And a blocked XP? Yeah, best I have ever seen.

It was the greatest I have ever seen personally. And I am saying that from a non-biased standpoint. Doesn't get much better. You win the game you go to the state title and both teams had AA's (Summers&Helton) And a blocked XP? Yeah, best I have ever seen.

Sounds to me like the only game that compares to it was 2010 Alcoa at Maryville. Two eventual state champions and neither team led by more than 4 points. We won 35-31.

Sounds to me like the only game that compares to it was 2010 Alcoa at Maryville. Two eventual state champions and neither team led by more than 4 points. We won 35-31.

I was actually at that game (was living in Maryville at the time) and yes that was a whail of a ballgame. That 2010 Alcoa team was just TOUGH. Tyson, Warren, Isom, and company.

Sweets is in our group, always has been. Always will be. And yes, you are called a troll daily.

If I didn't love OR with all my being I probably would be a Maryville fan to be honest. I just have the utmost respect for Quarles and how they run that program. I will pull for Maryville most anytime, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't enjoy seeing them get beat lol!!! I think more than anything that it's just that I want to see some parody amongst the teams. That's just me being blunt though.

You know Hale coached at Maryville one year. 1988 went 7-3.

I did know that, Rebels. Got fired for grabbing a kids facemask from my understanding? Ol Emory just couldn't do the things he did while at OR in the 70's times had changed by then. One time he did that to an OR player and the OR player turned on him and was about to whip that a**, but some assistants stepped in and stopped it lol Emory was a trip I hear.

Vandy Hambrick scored on a 4th and 8 I believe in the final seconds. I believe the ball was outside the 20 yd line as well. On a radio interview last week GQ has said it was one of the best games he was ever involved in, even though MHS lost.  

Edited by rebels

Vandy Hambrick scored on a 4th and 8 I believe in the final seconds. I believe the ball was outside the 20 yd line as well. On a radio interview last week GQ has said it was one of the best games he was ever involved in, even though MHS lost.  

It was in the top 3 if not top 2 I have ever seen. Great game. Also hear the 2012 Maryville/ Siegel game was an instant classic.