Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

I came in to work today and a Knoxville guy tracked me down and began to tell me that he watched the game on tv and how pitiful the officiating was (his words). Something about a catch wasnt a catch and a facemask wasnt a facemask. He also said he saw Rankins quote in the daily rag.

I told him that he had no business questioning the officials and that Rankin was just making excuses.

He looked at me and said I sounded just like every Maryville fan he had talked to. Just call me Homer....

I came in to work today and a Knoxville guy tracked me down and began to tell me that he watched the game on tv and how pitiful the officiating was (his words). Something about a catch wasnt a catch and a facemask wasnt a facemask. He also said he saw Rankins quote in the daily rag.

I told him that he had no business questioning the officials and that Rankin was just making excuses.

He looked at me and said I sounded just like every Maryville fan he had talked to. Just call me Homer....

When you grab an opponent by the face mask and throw them to the ground, that is a pretty good call. Wouldn't you say?

Here is my analysis of the refs. The first "no-call" interference was an easy interference call and should have been flagged against Alcoa. The face mask was obvious, enough said. The no call offensive interference in the end zone, Maryville player pushing off....was a missed call. The second interference call against Alcoa was a 50/50 at best. Didn't see anything else that was controversial.

When you grab an opponent by the face mask and throw them to the ground, that is a pretty good call. Wouldn't you say?

Here is my analysis of the refs. The first "no-call" interference was an easy interference call and should have been flagged against Alcoa. The face mask was obvious, enough said. The no call offensive interference in the end zone, Maryville player pushing off....was a missed call. The second interference call against Alcoa was a 50/50 at best. Didn't see anything else that was controversial.

My opinion is that the refs had nothing to do with the Alcoa loss. Didn't cut us any slack but we have to convert. I didn't watch a replay (tv guide was wrong, I recorded the wrong channel...) so I really don't know how they shook out. Always 50/50 calls, always home team advantage IMO.

Nice balanced assessment, I appreciate your insight. Good luck to the Rebels. It's been fun bantering back and forth.

Edited by lessur

Dang that's funny ... All my Alcoa buddies told me they got their rear ends thumped ... Whine about refs all you want to , when you dominated us in 2009 & 2010 our Coach said we got our butts kicked , when you got dominated just as bad Friday night your Coach said everything except Maryville was a better team ... 

Edited by pepvol