Alcoa @ Maryville

SweetScience

I agree Lessur and I agree with what RebelRon says about Alcoa under Rankin , Alcoa is a much more Disciplined , Strong team under Rankin . Alcoa had the Talent to win 3A State Championships before Rankin , but without the focus on Strength and Discipline Alcoa couldn't of reached the next step which was beat anybody , not just in 3A . Would of Loved to see Alcoa play White Station in 2009 , and I believe they could of beat anybody in 2010 ....

Now I hate the IFL , so I'm not claiming IFL Victories for Alcoa , I'm just saying Rankin is a perfect fit for Alcoa , and any Alcoa fan who wants to get rid of him .... well that's just ridiculous . I know people will say things they don't mean right after a game , but I hope the Alcoa fans thinking and saying that the other night have had a chance to rethink that .

By the end of this season, Rankin will have more wins than any coach in TN. Thats something special. He is and will continue to be a Legend in TN high school football. And we have him at Alcoa.

I agree with Rebel Ron and you to pep, There is no doubt that GQ is a special coach. His record is incredible. He is a legend as a coach and person. And....we have them both right here in Blount Co. Thats incredible!

Rankin is the perfect coach for Alcoa. The man rules the roost there and has total control over that program. There were teams from Alcoa's past that could of been good but some of the coaches did not have control. This man will not let a a rotten apple get into the basket there no matter how good they think they are and you have to respect that and that's why he has a winning record and so many kids playing football there. Greatest move in the history of Alcoa Football was the day he was hired for the job.

Rankin is the perfect coach for Alcoa. The man rules the roost there and has total control over that program. There were teams from Alcoa's past that could of been good but some of the coaches did not have control. This man will not let a a rotten apple get into the basket there no matter how good they think they are and you have to respect that and that's why he has a winning record and so many kids playing football there. Greatest move in the history of Alcoa Football was the day he was hired for the job.

He sure don't take crap from anybody. LOL!

Be careful BS07, I've heard that purple koolaid is xtra addictive.

Went to watch the Freshmen game last night and turned out to be a good game but Alcoa did win it in two overtimes 49-47. I wanted to see the future stars for both teams or at least see if the hype was as big as it's been billed up to. I've never heard so many people in my life tell the fish stories that have been told in the last few weeks about certain kids that I had to go see for my self. What I saw last year in the Junior High game was pretty much the same thing again. Kids mature faster than others during the younger years and the next thing you know they are being billed as the next greatest thing since sliced bread. I did see some good things in a few of the kids but there will be plenty of work ahead before they play in the big games. Alcoa was the only game last year the junior high played worth a flip and the rest were games against weaker teams with half the players and it's very easy for kids to build up big stats that are very misleading and a coach that plays them to the very end of the game for some reason.. I've followed this program long enough to pick an all star junior high team no one has ever heard of but in their time you couldn't tell anyone any different.