Cannon county football

Jar2h

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was in Woodbury last weekend for the jr. pro jamboree, and I'll give some thoughts on the state of CC football.

First, it's not a football community.

The citizens, for the most part, could care less about football.

It's shows that there is no more investment in the facilities. One toilet for men and one toilet for women in the whole stadium is ridiculous.

The weight room is a joke. There were hardly any weights in there and it's small. I don't see how it can accommodate a complete 3A squad.

And, the Jr. pro program was talked about earlier. I've seen them in action the last few years.

They've had athletes, but more times than not, they've not been very well coached.

It goes back to not being a football community.

The way I see it, if it isn't basketball, people could care less, and it shows in the pee wee leagues.

A good jr. pro program will help a high school program.

The 8-9 year old coaches yelling at the players was mentioned and that causing the numbers to be down for the bigger team.

I say baloney.

I've seen other teams coaches yell more and they have 40 players and a competitive team.

It goes back again to the culture.

If they don't really care about football, they're not going to stick with it when it gets tough.

Well, I think you first have to enjoy the game before you are willing to stick with it when it gets tough. If the kids aren't having fun then they can lose interest. True the coaches probably need some better training. The coaches have to make it fun in order to create an atmosphere where these young kids want to play football, not just because there parents want them to play. So yeah I think that is a pretty good assumption for the reason why there is 13 kids on the 10-12 year old team, and of course some of the parents don't agree with the way some of the coaches favor other kids. That is my observation.

Well, I think you first have to enjoy the game before you are willing to stick with it when it gets tough. If the kids aren't having fun then they can lose interest. True the coaches probably need some better training. The coaches have to make it fun in order to create an atmosphere where these young kids want to play football, not just because there parents want them to play. So yeah I think that is a pretty good assumption for the reason why there is 13 kids on the 10-12 year old team, and of course some of the parents don't agree with the way some of the coaches favor other kids. That is my observation.

Lol with 13 players, you cant really favor too much.

I coached a team in Gordonsville 2 years ago with 14 players. We did well, but we don't have many kids in those age groups in school.

The same group of kids in an older age group, there's 19 players now.

Now, favoritism, a lot of parents scream it, many times in my experience, it's baseless.

As parents, the hardest thing to do in sports is to look at things without rose colored glasses toward your kid.

Many parents in the stands see what they want to see, but NONE volunteer to coach.

Well got the honor tonight to go to Jackson County and cover the ballgame for work, will say that Jackson County has some solid players on both sides of the football, Cannon County's defense was solid but on the field way to long for high school teams, (well any level team) there offense has no real set patterns.  Going to be long year for the Lions with La, DeKalb, York, Upperman, Macon and Smith County still on the schedule.  Good luck to both teams

Well got the honor tonight to go to Jackson County and cover the ballgame for work, will say that Jackson County has some solid players on both sides of the football, Cannon County's defense was solid but on the field way to long for high school teams, (well any level team) there offense has no real set patterns.  Going to be long year for the Lions with La, DeKalb, York, Upperman, Macon and Smith County still on the schedule.  Good luck to both teams

hey they've got 2 weeks to prepare for...red boiling springs...at home...can we win one?