McMinn Central @ Boyd Buchanan

reaction

Coach Goodin immediately told the kids to celebrate Friday night but then turn focus on Boyd. He said tonight means nothing if it causes us to lose next week.

Scoreboard lit up has nothing to do with celebration. Stop letting your hatred of our coach consume you and be proud to be a charger!

Coach Goodin immediately told the kids to celebrate Friday night but then turn focus on Boyd. He said tonight means nothing if it causes us to lose next week.

Scoreboard lit up has nothing to do with celebration. Stop letting your hatred of our coach consume you and be proud to be a charger!

Coach Goodin is doing a good job turning MC around.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

logcabinman says the seniors will not lose focus but when the head coach and a lot of the fans are still celebrating the win over McMinn, it's hard for kids to concentrate. They will see the scoreboard still lit up from Friday night at practice today and maybe all week.  They will have fans patting them on the back in town, before and after practice, all about beating McMinn. A lot of the players parents on facebook are still posting pictures and talking about the game today.  These are adults and not a one of them has mentioned the upcoming game with Boyd, so you can imagine what their teen son has heard since Friday night.

Central has a good team but they have to put that emotional overtime game behind them, starting with the head coach.

I get it, not a fan of Coach Goodin.  I can't speak for all of them, but I can tell you these senior leaders I am talking about were at my house preping for the Boyd game.  My son has not mentioned McMinn since Sat. and only then cause people congradulating him.  Like I said, Boyd Buchanan runs a similar offense as McMinn.  Masingale will concentrate on getting the boys in the right place.  I have told my son and others the same thing, this game against McMinn means nothing without winning this upcoming game.  That is all I can do.

So because I disagree with Josh on something, I hate him?  Thanks for letting me know.  :thumb:

Read Boyd lost a tough one last week. Sounds like you guys didnt give RB much in defense and offense couldn't punch it in come crunch time. Should have more success as you go through season against teams more your size. I will take Bucs this week. Hard to see them start off 0-2. Keep working, word is you and Marion County have a boxers chance against Trousdale this year to represent east. Knox Grace isnt what they have been. Stay sharp and Good luck this season. Im just keeping it real