reaction

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

27 to 0.

#s 86, 5, 14, 6, 74, all out.

We are running out of upperclassmen

Thought 86,14 and 74 all started the game.Hope they are OK. Chargers ready to play. Chargers much too physical for Boyd.Boyd simply had no answer. Looked over matched.Buds will do fine in district play and make playoffs.

Major difference between two schools is depth...Boyd line typically goes both ways.. Three major turning points that could have provided some energy for Boyd:

1. After fumble recovery by #86, first play by Boyd was fumble, which lead to easy TD.

2. Inability to put the ball in the end zone after a 17 play drive. A couple of sacks hurt, and probably would have been better off to throw ball and have a receiver make a play

3. Another fumble by Boyd where MC returned the ball 60+ yards.

Too many turnovers and stupid mistakes again when the game was still in doubt.

Thought 86,14 and 74 all started the game.Hope they are OK. Chargers ready to play. Chargers much too physical for Boyd.Boyd simply had no answer. Looked over matched.Buds will do fine in district play and make playoffs.

We would have had to play our best to have a shot to win this game. Clearly that didn't happen.

Met #5s dad before the game. And had a chance to talk with him a couple of times during the game. Super nice guy (like everyone I talked to from McCentral) his kid played well too.

Hope y'all were treated well by our fans as well

Major difference between two schools is depth...Boyd line typically goes both ways.. Three major turning points that could have provided some energy for Boyd:

1. After fumble recovery by #86, first play by Boyd was fumble, which lead to easy TD.

2. Inability to put the ball in the end zone after a 17 play drive. A couple of sacks hurt, and probably would have been better off to throw ball and have a receiver make a play

3. Another fumble by Boyd where MC returned the ball 60+ yards.

Too many turnovers and stupid mistakes again when the game was still in doubt.

I agree.  This was the difference I was speaking of.  MCentral typically has the same problem.  This year there is depth on the line.  I do think that the way the defense played helped with the creation of these turnovers.  Boyd has some great athletes, and IMO will be fine.  I too hope all your boys are ok.  MCentral can also go many ways offensively.  Great blocking and hard running attributed to good things. 

Boyd Buchanan, great atmosphere, good people, and good food.  Thank you for your hospitality.

Edited by logcabinman

I agree. This was the difference I was speaking of. MCentral typically has the same problem. This year there is depth on the line. I do think that the way the defense played helped with the creation of these turnovers. Boyd has some great athletes, and IMO will be fine. I too hope all your boys are ok. MCentral can also go many ways offensively. Great blocking and hard running attributed to good things.

Boyd Buchanan, great atmosphere, good people, and good food. Thank you for your hospitality.

How does Sequatchie stack up against Boyd now that you have seen both? SC and MC had a good scrimmage couple weeks ago.

How does Sequatchie stack up against Boyd now that you have seen both? SC and MC had a good scrimmage couple weeks ago.

Hard to say, cause we were not playing with a full deck.  Seq. runs that crazy wing-t.  They will cut the legs right off of your boys, so tell your LB's to watch their legs.  They struggle with the pass, so in that aspect Boyd will have the advatage.