Sullivan South @ Tennessee High

RebRaider85

YEA.... 5 or 6 times in their first two possessions. Heck South's first play of the game was a QB keeper. I have to ask... were you serious about this statement or were you just trying to throw the Vikings off? :huh:

I actually was serious/hopeful about this because we have 2 good RB's this year and when we use the RB in more than a marginal role we seem to do better. Balance is what I am looking for and it seems that we occasionally forget how that works. I'm not foolish enough to believe that I had anything to do with this but a couple years ago I went on a big rant about the inability of the staff to get plays in to the offense in big game situations and the next year is when they debuted the boards which has seemed to work better. What I am looking for now is balance and there is no excuse for this team to not have it. Gotta tip my hat to you Cap, you called it.

• Upvote 1

Cap was correct, THS tried their best to give this game away with mistakes...cut out the mistakes and they win this game handily IMO. South has yet to have a sustained drive for a TD in the first 2 games. All TD's have come off big plays or big plays have set up a very short field for scores. THS' s offensive and defensive lines were both better than South's. This was the major difference. I too don't understand why we don't use 28 in the RB position more!? Another inexcusable point...after holding THS on the first series of the second half the coaching staff couldn't get the play in resulting in a penalty. ..next play I believe was an INT and momentum started wearing maroon. South will struggle with teams that have a good running attack and good lines...Gate City & Betsy comes to mind. Time will tell but this team is no where near last years squad in all around talent.

Edited by 83SouthRebel
  • Upvote 1

Classic South choke!! No South wouldn't beat DB this year or last especially if this was the best team ever just like when we beat you 44-0 in Waco's favorite game. WE ARE DB!! ROLL TRIBE!! Hate on losers!!

I've heard no one say South would win over DB, but it is obviously on your brain.

You and wacko are the haters here and are completely obsessed with South. I find it all very weird.

• Upvote 1

I've heard no one say South would win over DB, but it is obviously on your brain.

You and wacko are the haters here and are completely obsessed with South. I find it all very weird.

No, just enjoying pulling your chain. You would do the same to us. South is irrelevant to us. Just enjoy the madness. ROLL TRIBE

All i can do is pretty much echo what cap said..he was spot on.  While watching the 1st half all i could do was think about how many times i had watched this horrer show before.

But to my amazement...after the half they cleaned up thier act somewhat ..and adjustments were made by the staff...clock management was exellent the last 7 min i thought...well used TO's...biggest thing was the staff kept there composer so KUDDOS for that. :thumb:

Tackling was miles better than last year.

You know... mabye they did learn something from last year. Still alot of DISCAPLINE issue's to fix though and alot of coaching on technique in the secondary(was really bad) :wacko:

So with that said i'm still not on the May's train just yet...just kinda standing there staring at that first step up.  Time will tell, But it's a start.

About south...they were who i thought they were just not as good as i thought they were.

I thought 12 was the second coming of superman... and i'll let that drop right there. Rebels played there hearts out though.. just got whipped up front. Sorry,but i call it like i see it.

I will say 1 is a baller ..glad he was'nt seriously injured in the 4th.

Good job Vikings you earned that one. 

All i can do is pretty much echo what cap said..he was spot on.  While watching the 1st half all i could do was think about how many times i had watched this horrer show before.

But to my amazement...after the half they cleaned up thier act somewhat ..and adjustments were made by the staff...clock management was exellent the last 7 min i thought...well used TO's...biggest thing was the staff kept there composer so KUDDOS for that. :thumb:

Tackling was miles better than last year.

You know... mabye they did learn something from last year. Still alot of DISCAPLINE issue's to fix though and alot of coaching on technique in the secondary(was really bad) :wacko:

So with that said i'm still not on the May's train just yet...just kinda standing there staring at that first step up.  Time will tell, But it's a start.

About south...they were who i thought they were just not as good as i thought they were.

I thought 12 was the second coming of superman... and i'll let that drop right there. Rebels played there hearts out though.. just got whipped up front. Sorry,but i call it like i see it.

I will say 1 is a baller ..glad he was'nt seriously injured in the 4th.

Good job Vikings you earned that one. 

:thumb: I think you digested that one well! I don't know about you but it took me 30 minutes + to reach the high road with my post last night. I think it's important to take that rout at this point in the season. With that being said... nice post QB!! :thumb:  

It's always exciting to beat South. We did in 09. Should have in '10 but we blew a 21-0 1Q lead. I'll never be able to live that down. I played that game for my SR night.

TN High, if focused, will go 7-3

L's DB, SH, Betsy

Welcome aboard Jonesy! THS can use a few good men to stand up for the maroon and white. My youngest son graduated in 09' and played the 08' season so I remember both seasons you referenced well. I endearingly refer to the 09' season as the Boone Buster season.  :angry: