OR @ Clinton

SweetScience

Since we are talking about Climton here, I have a serious question for AC fans. Was Josh ever considered for the AC job?

I doubt it. The timing would not have been right. When his dad stepped down he didn't have a lot of head coaching experience if any at all. In fact I think he got the White County HC job about the time Davey was hired at AC. Davey had already been the HC at Scott County for a few years. I sure am glad it worked out the way it did. The reason Clinton is doing better now IMO is because of the very good OC they hired last year. He would be a very good coach.

I doubt it. The timing would not have been right. When his dad stepped down he didn't have a lot of head coaching experience if any at all. In fact I think he got the White County HC job about the time Davey was hired at AC. Davey had already been the HC at Scott County for a few years. I sure am glad it worked out the way it did. The reason Clinton is doing better now IMO is because of the very good OC they hired last year. He would be a very good coach.

I was just curious... Thanks for the info...

Actually the job was given to Tony Lambert then after spring ball he decided to go back to Oneida/Scott. Davey and Josh were both considered for the job but Davey had the better track record at the time. Larry, Elwood Pennington, and Josh then started up the Lake City Middle Team. Josh was there for 2 years before going to Clinton High. I feel the situations have worked out well for both parties.

I'm excited about Tripp, Caleb, and Simpson. I think every one of those kids are going to be great players of the future for OR. Martin has unlimited potential. I'm sure their are other ones, too. I saw your son run that run against Maryville in the scrimmage on the Coaches Show. Your son has some wheels. Gaddis said it even surprised him that he was that fast.

I am excited as well.  It's going to be a fun 5 years watching Wildcat football based on what we have coming up.  Thanks for the comments about Matthew.  He is working hard and got in some action last night.  Christian Bivens had a good game as well running the ball.