OR @ Clinton

SweetScience

He was quoted in the paper saying it in his interview after the game.  It's to be expected with that kind of score differential.  He also said Clinton is a better team than it was in the first week so, you know, if he played us again he would beat us for sure.

He actually said that last part or are you being facetious? lol

Since we are talking about Climton here, I have a serious question for AC fans. Was Josh ever considered for the AC job?

Not an AC fan, but I wouldn't think so with Gillum being there. They would be crazy to have hired Kerr and gotten rid of Davey. Davey has done a great job @ AC. If Clinton should've hired anybody they should've hired former QB Scotty Harrel who was on Andy Shattuck's staff before Kerr was hired. Harrel is now the Asst AD @ OR as crazy as that is. It has always seemed weird to me to see Scotty dressed up in OR gear at the games. He was a real good QB for Clinton in the 90's. But, no I don't think Kerr was ever considered at AC, but I am sure an AC fan could elaborate more on that.

Edited by SweetScience

Their are a lot of connections recently between the staffs @ AC, OR, and Clinton. Clinton's former coach Shattuck was an Asst @ OR, and so was AC's AD Gary Terry. He was also on OR's staff at one point and then you have Scotty Harrell being at OR now and was an Asst and former player @ Clinton. And of course Kerr was a former player and a great one at that @ AC in the 90's.. Lots of connections between those 3 schools.

Edited by SweetScience

Great to hear. Who all stood out tonight, Neil? Thanks.

i'll stick with the freshmen. Caleb Martin ran the opening kickoff for a TD and made some good looking passes.  Trip Chinn and Johnny Stewart had some good stops at LB.  It was hard to pick out the rest since we had our JV guys wearing different numbers.  Our freshman played with a lot more drive and confidence.

i'll stick with the freshmen. Caleb Martin ran the opening kickoff for a TD and made some good looking passes.  Trip Chinn and Johnny Stewart had some good stops at LB.  It was hard to pick out the rest since we had our JV guys wearing different numbers.  Our freshman played with a lot more drive and confidence.

I'm excited about Tripp, Caleb, and Simpson. I think every one of those kids are going to be great players of the future for OR. Martin has unlimited potential. I'm sure their are other ones, too. I saw your son run that run against Maryville in the scrimmage on the Coaches Show. Your son has some wheels. Gaddis said it even surprised him that he was that fast.