South Pittsburg Coaching

If the past practice after an away game was to stop and feed the boys I can understand parents being mad. At MC the moms fix sandwiches and stuff for the boys to eat on the way home. I figure that was the straw that broke the camels back though. I've heard there's been quite a few games that parents have voiced their displeasure with the coaches after the game and when you're not used to losing I can see where tensions would boil over.

Thanks for making this point, PP. Coach Grider always took care of the boys after games. Ask support staff! It was just another one of those things that Vic did that the boys appreciated and were thankful for. That fell through some this year and last night pushed things over the edge. I think it's very sorry to have brought down some very good aspects of a proud and successful program like has happened this year. I don't condone whining parents when it's just over their kid not getting playing time or something like that. But many of the proud alumni who think Pirate Pride means something are disappointed in the state of things now. Don't change and ruin things that are working and have worked! It takes action to create positive change and progress. Like D60 said, some coaches fit well into a program, some just don't. The boys deserved better this year. I say that not just as a Dad, but as an alumni and proud fan.

Okay, lets get our story straight here. We didn't throw him away. Most of us didn't even know it was happening until it was to late. One person cried and cried like a baby, and he finally got his way, and the ball started rolling from there.

Stoney knows the majority didn't like how that went down, and he knows who has his back. Now as far as Boyd is concerned, no disrespect to your program, but beating MC dressed in blue, doesn't have the same feel, as beating them while your in the org/blk.

But I guess its good for you to have dreams I guess.

The ring leader is reportedly going to run for school board. A storm is on the horizon! A few need to be put in their place.

this is my opinion but it is based on being around and studying football for many years. Stone has one of the best football and baseball minds in this area in years. It is a disgrace to our program that he was not immediately given the head coach when Vic first left. There should not have been any hesitation at all. He relates to the fan , players and parents better anyone I have seen at SP. He is no longer here because of of a couple of baseball parents that decided to defame him with lies to his superiors. One of those parents has a lot of money the other just has a big foul mouth. They know who they are. If it's not too late already Stone should be pleaded with to come back and lead this team. Name me a more successful coach ( he has been very successful at every age level) . If he doesn't come back we will be years trying to recover from the damage done already. The Pirates and this school needs Wesley Stone.

Amen...preach it.

this is my opinion but it is based on being around and studying football for many years. Stone has one of the best football and baseball minds in this area in years. It is a disgrace to our program that he was not immediately given the head coach when Vic first left. There should not have been any hesitation at all. He relates to the fan , players and parents better anyone I have seen at SP. He is no longer here because of of a couple of baseball parents that decided to defame him with lies to his superiors. One of those parents has a lot of money the other just has a big foul mouth. They know who they are. If it's not too late already Stone should be pleaded with to come back and lead this team. Name me a more successful coach ( he has been very successful at every age level) . If he doesn't come back we will be years trying to recover from the damage done already. The Pirates and this school needs Wesley Stone.

Old Pirate says his loss hurt the program No doubt. The cancers that brought about SP losing him need to be removed....or it is going to get worse. BP come clean, OP is sure them parents have said enough about people, they are surely tough enough to take criticism directed towards them. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Old Pirate says his loss hurt the program No doubt, but until the cancers are removed....it is going to get worse. Now come clean, OP is sure they have said enough about people, they are surely tough enough to take criticism directed towards them.

I hate not being on the intelligence level you are on. Remember I am a Vol fan so I don't even know what you just said, maybe Roy will explain that last part to me. we need a young energetic coach at the Helm, to right this ship. He was here, we better be prepared do whatever it takes to get him back.

I hate not being on the intelligence level you are on. Remember I am a Vol fan so I don't even know what you just said, maybe Roy will explain that last part to me. we need a young energetic coach at the Helm, to right this ship. He was here, we better be prepared do whatever it takes to get him back.

Pegleg I was looking in my Murphy book and we need that Quarles man, that Rankin man or that Bowers man. Murphy had them on his pole as the three best coaches. You think im joking but im not.

PL, Old Pirate is been talking to himself for last two weeks. OP's War Eagles got beat then OP's 2nd team of choice got beat by Bama , now this weekend the Pirates get put out of their misery, followed by some bad,bad, bad fans last night, then OP's team of choice today gets beat by Bama tonight. Hopefully Auburn can beat the Bulldogs tonight. Anyhow, OP thinks the leader or leaders behind the reported secret meetings and mess need to be brought into the limelite they're seeking. BTW, PL, thanks for the compliment, no wait it weren't a compliment atoll, so OP re-worded that post, jest sows fellers like OP can be better understood Edited by OLD PIRATE

Pegleg I was looking in my Murphy book and we need that Quarles man, that Rankin man or that Bowers man. Murphy had them on his pole as the three best coaches. You think im joking but im not.

Now you know you would not pay what Grider would charge us to get in his durn game if he hired that Rankin man, because he has been on Murphy's pole every year. He would cost more money than Grider saved on that cheap toilet paper

Now you know you would not pay what Grider would charge us to get in his durn game if he hired that Rankin man, because he has been on Murphy's pole every year. He would cost more money than Grider saved on that cheap toilet paper

I garuntee you that Rankin man could win us two championships in a row. Grider never could do that. That Rankin man stays on top of Murphy's pole. You think im joking but im not.