redrage invades lions country

cardfan

265 is the lightest of our lineman ! You are no White House , Humboldt , Chester or bolivar in the trenches ! Better put 9 in the box !! Oh wait that would leave #17 one on one !!! Uh oh !

People said all last year how they were going to dominate TCA in the trenches.  I will remind you that the game is played in places besides the trenches.  We were 11-2 last season including a win IN Adamsville.  No team scored more points on Adamsville than TCA did in any game all season long.  Facing off with and defeating teams with more size and depth is nothing new for TCA.  We are old hands at playing that game.  

You guys had better drop 8 men back in coverage to try and cover our receivers.  Oh wait, #1 has the ball and he is running down hill right at you.  Rut Ro.  

People said all last year how they were going to dominate TCA in the trenches.  I will remind you that the game is played in places besides the trenches.  We were 11-2 last season including a win IN Adamsville.  No team scored more points on Adamsville than TCA did in any game all season long.  Facing off with and defeating teams with more size and depth is nothing new for TCA.  We are old hands at playing that game.  

You guys had better drop 8 men back in coverage to try and cover our receivers.  Oh wait, #1 has the ball and he is running down hill right at you.  Rut Ro.  

That loss in November still stings doesn't it??

265 is the lightest of our lineman ! You are no White House , Humboldt , Chester or bolivar in the trenches ! Better put 9 in the box !! Oh wait that would leave #17 one on one !!! Uh oh !

You don't have anybody on your line that has an SEC offer either.  That kid will be playing on Saturday's somewhere big.  He's athletic.  Big difference.  A couple of interesting things you have overlooked.  We are not small on our OL except center.  We start 275, 245, 255, 220 and then our center at 165.  He started against Aville last year and held his own.  Matter of fact, I had Aville fans after both games praising our Center.  They were amazed at how he held his own.  He won't dominate you but he is unbelievably smart and plays with great technique.  TCA also has much more depth this year.  We still have a couple of injuries but by mid season we will be much deeper than we were last year.  We have some freshmen that are really contributing.  Your size didn't bother us last year.  Zak Neary bothered us!! 

You don't have anybody on your line that has an SEC offer either. That kid will be playing on Saturday's somewhere big. He's athletic. Big difference. A couple of interesting things you have overlooked. We are not small on our OL except center. We start 275, 245, 255, 220 and then our center at 165. He started against Aville last year and held his own. Matter of fact, I had Aville fans after both games praising our Center. They were amazed at how he held his own. He won't dominate you but he is unbelievably smart and plays with great technique. TCA also has much more depth this year. We still have a couple of injuries but by mid season we will be much deeper than we were last year. We have some freshmen that are really contributing. Your size didn't bother us last year. Zak Neary bothered us!!

Being a private school rich USJ dad does wonder for D1 recruits also !

Ok.  The matchups!   First of all, TCA has speed and skill at every skill position.  Our receivers are a matchup nightmare.  Three of our receivers are 6'1"-6'2" and weigh between 185-200 and are fast.  They are bigger,stronger and faster than most DB's they line up against..  Our 4th was the leading receiver in West TN last year and All State.  He is a little smaller at 5'11.5 but is the fastest and has a freaky vertical.  Very difficult for Aville to match up against all of those.  Yes, Burcham can match one of those but that leaves 3 more.  Advantage TCA.  On the Cardinals side, Burcham is a problem matchup at 6'5, good vertical and good hands.  He is more of a problem in the Red Zone.  Advantage Cardinals.  QB- I think it's obvious TCA has the advantage.  Paul is a very good, intelligent, HS QB and does a good job but he's not AKin.  Advantage TCA.  Running Backs- TCA has two of the best in West TN.  Goldsmith will run right over you or outrun you.  He's 210 lbs of power and speed.  Bond has elevated his game to another level.  He will be one of the two fastest players on the field Friday night.  He can take it to the house at any time he touches it.  Aville has a very good stable of backs.  They have a good mixture of power and speed and will be difficult to stop because of their OL.  Advantage TCA.  Offensive Line- TCA's line is solid but nowhere near Aville's OL.  Aville has a huge advantage and is reason their running game will be tough to stop.  Defensive Line- Advantage Cardinals due to size and experience but TCA's DL is much better than last year.  LB's-  TCA has D1 prospect ANdrew Goldsmith at MLB and two other solid LB's.  Aville has All State Dengler at LB and 3 other solid LB's.  Even.  Secondary- TCA has a veteran secondary led by All State CB Tyler Garrott who had 2 picks against Aville last year in first game and almost a third.  James Bond, who will play on Saturday's, anchors the secondary at Safety.  Aville has a really solid secondary anchored by Safety Burcham who makes it difficult to throw deep and over the top.  Slight advantage to TCA.  Kicking game goes to TCA as they have a veteran Punter Reviere leading the way and veteran Kicker who has put 7 balls in endzone for touchbacks so far and is a threat from 50 yards in on FG's.  Aville's kicking game has drastically improved from last year.  Overall, very evenly matched.

Game will not be a blowout either way unless one of the teams has multiple turnovers which I doubt.  It's going to come down to turnovers and how well TCA's OL protects Akin.  I made the following prediction at end of season last year and am sticking to it.  I predicted the correct outcome of both games last year.  I feel pretty good about this prediction as well.  I predicted an initial win for TCA last year.  Once we found out we had to go back to Aville I predicted Aville would win that one.

TCA 35

Adamsville 21

Good luck to the Cardinals and I pray it's an injury free, hard hitting, good sportsman game.  I hope you win all of your regular season games except this one!!  You guys have built a powerhouse that has become consistent.  My mom plans to take those coconut pies down to their neighbor around Wednesday!!!

Ok.  The matchups!   First of all, TCA has speed and skill at every skill position.  Our receivers are a matchup nightmare.  Three of our receivers are 6'1"-6'2" and weigh between 185-200 and are fast.  They are bigger,stronger and faster than most DB's they line up against..  Our 4th was the leading receiver in West TN last year and All State.  He is a little smaller at 5'11.5 but is the fastest and has a freaky vertical.  Very difficult for Aville to match up against all of those.  Yes, Burcham can match one of those but that leaves 3 more.  Advantage TCA.  On the Cardinals side, Burcham is a problem matchup at 6'5, good vertical and good hands.  He is more of a problem in the Red Zone.  Advantage Cardinals.  QB- I think it's obvious TCA has the advantage.  Paul is a very good, intelligent, HS QB and does a good job but he's not AKin.  Advantage TCA.  Running Backs- TCA has two of the best in West TN.  Goldsmith will run right over you or outrun you.  He's 210 lbs of power and speed.  Bond has elevated his game to another level.  He will be one of the two fastest players on the field Friday night.  He can take it to the house at any time he touches it.  Aville has a very good stable of backs.  They have a good mixture of power and speed and will be difficult to stop because of their OL.  Advantage TCA.  Offensive Line- TCA's line is solid but nowhere near Aville's OL.  Aville has a huge advantage and is reason their running game will be tough to stop.  Defensive Line- Advantage Cardinals due to size and experience but TCA's DL is much better than last year.  LB's-  TCA has D1 prospect ANdrew Goldsmith at MLB and two other solid LB's.  Aville has All State Dengler at LB and 3 other solid LB's.  Even.  Secondary- TCA has a veteran secondary led by All State CB Tyler Garrott who had 2 picks against Aville last year in first game and almost a third.  James Bond, who will play on Saturday's, anchors the secondary at Safety.  Aville has a really solid secondary anchored by Safety Burcham who makes it difficult to throw deep and over the top.  Slight advantage to TCA.  Kicking game goes to TCA as they have a veteran Punter Reviere leading the way and veteran Kicker who has put 7 balls in endzone for touchbacks so far and is a threat from 50 yards in on FG's.  Aville's kicking game has drastically improved from last year.  Overall, very evenly matched.

Game will not be a blowout either way unless one of the teams has multiple turnovers which I doubt.  It's going to come down to turnovers and how well TCA's OL protects Akin.  I made the following prediction at end of season last year and am sticking to it.  I predicted the correct outcome of both games last year.  I feel pretty good about this prediction as well.  I predicted an initial win for TCA last year.  Once we found out we had to go back to Aville I predicted Aville would win that one.

TCA 35

Adamsville 21

Good luck to the Cardinals and I pray it's an injury free, hard hitting, good sportsman game.  I hope you win all of your regular season games except this one!!  You guys have built a powerhouse that has become consistent.  My mom plans to take those coconut pies down to their neighbor around Wednesday!!!

You guys stay away from him til Saturday!! LOL