Brentwood-Centennial

BT Mafia

The old Ravenwood coach Joe Rietveld went 2-8 than 3-7 and got fired. Unless Brentwood pulls off a massive upset or two this year, Woodward will finish with the same 2-year record as Rietveld. Combine that with the fact that BHS and RHS both have the same types of parents and it spells trouble for Woodward. It's a shame if it happens this way, because if Pemberton were still the coach and he kept the same weightroom routine up (or lack thereof), than I wouldn't see this team winning more than 1 game this year.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The old Ravenwood coach Joe Rietveld went 2-8 than 3-7 and got fired. Unless Brentwood pulls off a massive upset or two this year, Woodward will finish with the same 2-year record as Rietveld. Combine that with the fact that BHS and RHS both have the same types of parents and it spells trouble for Woodward. It's a shame if it happens this way, because if Pemberton were still the coach and he kept the same weightroom routine up (or lack thereof), than I wouldn't see this team winning more than 1 game this year.

Unless Woodward is playing his son at quarterback when he's the 4th best quarterback on the team I think he'll get another year.  There are a lot of politics at Brentwood just like any other school with parents who have influence but I think their Athletic Dept. and administration will have a little patience.  They know they are not as talented as they have been.  Unless there are things going on that I don't know such as lack of effort on the coaches part or they have a coach who they would really want who would come there (one that might be right down the street), Sig won't be swayed by parents this quick.

Edited by rchman

Fork you are a little rusty. Better stick around and post some more. I agree the future is bright but the growing pains are rough. Pemberton knew he had a one year shot and knew he was getting out. Woodward is now having to actually coach the kids and undo all the harm that was caused to a good Brentwood program. Fans need to be patient.

Unless Woodward is playing his son at quarterback when he's the 4th best quarterback on the team I think he'll get another year.  There are a lot of politics at Brentwood just like any other school with parents who have influence but I think their Athletic Dept. and administration will have a little patience.  They know they are not as talented as they have been.  Unless there are things going on that I don't know such as lack of effort on the coaches part or they have a coach who they would really want who would come there (one that might be right down the street), Sig won't be swayed by parents this quick.

Mr Kevin and Ronnie has said he has their support now and in the future. Definition of future is different for everyone...but Ronnie and Kevin knows the cycle of players is down because of a lot of reason. I remember when Brentwood was a small community school