Oakdale is 3-0!

wpasi

By all means lets not let the outsiders ruin what Oakdale has accomplished so far.Those kids went to school today 3-0 for the first time in how long?I dont know and i dont care,the fact is they are doing what they have to do to win.I know a young man on that team and he and his family traveled to Sunbright last yr in the freezing cold to support my son and the Cherokees.Those folks are top notch and they deserve a little atta boys for sticking it out all these yrs.This has nothing to do with UC,NCS or GB.They may not win another game but right now they are perfect let em enjoy it!GOOD LUCK OHS I hope we meet in the playoffs.

By all means lets not let the outsiders ruin what Oakdale has accomplished so far.Those kids went to school today 3-0 for the first time in how long?I dont know and i dont care,the fact is they are doing what they have to do to win.I know a young man on that team and he and his family traveled to Sunbright last yr in the freezing cold to support my son and the Cherokees.Those folks are top notch and they deserve a little atta boys for sticking it out all these yrs.This has nothing to do with UC,NCS or GB.They may not win another game but right now they are perfect let em enjoy it!GOOD LUCK OHS I hope we meet in the playoffs.

Great post o&b. It's fans like you that make outsiders pull for greenback.

Bullfrog let's examine the district. I do not expect Oakdale will beat Oneida or Coalfield, I do think they have a legit shot at sunbright and Wartburg & I think they will win the Jellico game. Now if I'm right on only part of this, let's say they they beat Jellico and win either sunbright or wartburg ( or any combination you would like to use but I think they have a very real shot at getting 2 of those 3 if not all 3) then they would end up with no less than 5 wins and they do have a couple more OOD games on the schedule so in reality they could realistically end up in the 6 win area, maybe 7. Given the current playoff system 5 wins may get you in, 6 almost certainly will & 7 is virtually a sure thing.

Oakdale Sunbright will be a slobber knocker. Jellico should be a win barring no unexpected things, and I kinda feel the same way about Wartburg. They should pick up a win this week, as long as they keep their focus. I'm sure Wartburg will play their best game against them. They might play Coalfield closer than you think. 7 wins could be a real thing for them this year, and I hope it happens.

Hate to rain on the parade. I did a little checking. The schedule tends to have a whole lot to do with the record. unapproved website also shows they have 31 players on roster and 8 Seniors. Is this correct? Lot more than 15 players as some said. So they are 3-0, they have the same record as a few of the top teams in 1A. Why aren't they ranked in top 5 in AP Poll? What does their schedule look, they have only played the 2 bottom ranked team 1A and a bottom ranked team in 2A. Waiting see how the do against Rockwood or Oneita. Then we will know how good they are. Not trying to be mean but anybody can schedule wins.

Hate to rain on the parade. I did a little checking. The schedule tends to have a whole lot to do with the record. unapproved website also shows they have 31 players on roster and 8 Seniors. Is this correct? Lot more than 15 players as some said. So they are 3-0, they have the same record as a few of the top teams in 1A. Why aren't they ranked in top 5 in AP Poll? What does their schedule look, they have only played the 2 bottom ranked team 1A and a bottom ranked team in 2A. Waiting see how the do against Rockwood or Oneita. Then we will know how good they are. Not trying to be mean but anybody can schedule wins.

The point behind the excitement is they are playing the same schedule they always played & were lucky to squeeze out 2 or 3 wins per year & this year they open 3-0. No one thinks they will win state or even their district. But they do have a legit shot at top half of district, 6 or even 7 wins, & a shot at a playoff appearance for the first time in almost 20 years.