Oakdale is 3-0!

wpasi

No one trying to down play anything. But if you schedule wins and some have posted about how good Oakdale has played with 15 players and none of it is true. Oakdale has a lot more players than a lot of 1A schools. Someone even bragged that you hung 50 points on a team! I want my team to win but I want that win to come against a tough opponent. Also so if they make the playoffs by beating the bottom teams in 1A and 2A, is that really an accomplishment? If that happens I see a beat down coming in the playoffs. Just sayin.

No one trying to down play anything. But if you schedule wins and some have posted about how good Oakdale has played with 15 players and none of it is true. Oakdale has a lot more players than a lot of 1A schools. Someone even bragged that you hung 50 points on a team! I want my team to win but I want that win to come against a tough opponent. Also so if they make the playoffs by beating the bottom teams in 1A and 2A, is that really an accomplishment? If that happens I see a beat down coming in the playoffs. Just sayin.

Just thought I'd throw my two cents in. Oakdale goes back and forth every single year as the smallest PUBLIC school in the state who actually has a football team. All 3 schools that Oakdale has played this year have been larger schools than Oakdale. The most recent win that you say people are bragging about scoring 50 came against Oliver Springs who is listed on the TSSAA website as having 437 students to Oakdale's 181. OS is a district game so Oakdale has no choice but to play them so this had nothing to do with "scheduling a win".  This win was big for Oakdale because not only does OS beat them very badly every year, OS was a State Quarterfinal and State Semifinal team just a few years ago. This same OS team minus a few players scored 72 on Oakdale last year so this was kind of a big deal for them.  As far as beating a tough opponent, every opponent is tough when you only win 2 games every year.  And as far as number of players, Oakdale does have about 28 players but there are only about 15 kids that get any sort of significant playing time.  You had to research the teams they play so you obviously know nothing about Oakdale.  Know what the heck is going on before you climb up on your soapbox next time.  You made yourself look silly.

Edited by RudyWasOffsides

BTW, the team folks are bragging about Oakdale hanging 50 on put 70 on Oakdale last year & are much larger. Oakdale does have better numbers this year but just 2 or 3 years ago I can remember being at Oakdale and while the team was on the field they had 3 players on the sideline & one of them was on crutches. This team has made unbelievable progress in just a few years. Go to the team schedule section on here & look at the last 10 years for Oakdale. If you don't see then what all the excitement is about then I'm finished talking about this with you as we will never agree.

Edited by crow
  • Upvote 1

BTW, the team folks are bragging about Oakdale hanging 50 on put 70 on Oakdale last year & are much larger. Oakdale does have better numbers this year but just 2 or 3 years ago I can remember being at Oakdale and while the team was on the field they had 3 players on the sideline & one of them was on crutches. This team has made unbelievable progress in just a few years. Go to the team schedule section on here & look at the last 10 years for Oakdale. If you don't see then what all the excitement is about then I'm finished talking about this with you as we will never agree.

Did a little research and Oakdale has been outscored 260-47 by Oliver Springs over the past 5 years which is an average of 52-9.  They also average less than 2 wins per season over the last 10 years so I can see why they are excited.  As an outsider, I couldnt be more happy for them.  Good luck the rest of the way

Did a little research and Oakdale has been outscored 260-47 by Oliver Springs over the past 5 years which is an average of 52-9.  They also average less than 2 wins per season over the last 10 years so I can see why they are excited.  As an outsider, I couldnt be more happy for them.  Good luck the rest of the way

I've not done the research but that sounds about right. I've been following Oneida football since 2005 so by district / regional association I've been following Oakdale also. I'm tickled to death for them & the way their season started. It don't matter what happens from here on out but this week in the paper under district standings Oakdale is listed #1!!!

I've not done the research but that sounds about right. I've been following Oneida football since 2005 so by district / regional association I've been following Oakdale also. I'm tickled to death for them & the way their season started. It don't matter what happens from here on out but this week in the paper under district standings Oakdale is listed #1!!!

Good post!