Week 3 Collinwood travels to Clarksville Academy

gtripledip

Don't count the Cougars out. Yep, CA lost to (4A) Montgomery Central by 1 point. It not a terrible loss. MC could beat lots of 1A and 2A teams. We has a chance to win it and were leading 13-6 but our pass coverage broke down on a 3rd and 15 play that they scored a TD. The kid that let the receiver get behind him is still "sick" over it. Our place kicker who was perfect last year missed the extra point? So we caught a few bad brakes but we moved on. Who did JB beat that they get all this credibility. If we'd played their schedule, we'd be 2-0 also. JB has White House Heritage for homecoming in a couple weeks, let's see how that turns out. Just sayin!

I'm not giving anyone credibility. I'm just saying that JB doesn't need to be overlooked either. I think y'all have a strong district and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NCS dad, I will have to just disagree with you. I think your dislike for our head coach influences what you think about his coaching ability. it doesn't neglect the fact that we have a solid coaching staff that has our kids ready to play. Believe it or not our head coach is a good man and cares about his players.

I will agree that "the new kid" who practiced all year but sat until that game because of transfer rules made an impact in the game. I just don't agree it would have been a blow out. That game wasn't a one man show. I hope you don't think we should have sit him.

Could you imagine if we had him all year.

I'm not giving anyone credibility. I'm just saying that JB doesn't need to be overlooked either. I think y'all have a strong district and I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Got it. Let's play ball!

NCS dad, where is this lock coming from for NCS and JB. I agree that NCS the road to the 10A district championship goes through NCS. What has JB done to get the other "lock" They beat McEwen and Lancaster Christian??? If CA played their schedule, we'd be 2-0 also. I'm just saying do not count the Cougars out just year. JB comes to our house this year. We will be looking forward to it. Also check the 1A stats on the unauthorized website and see what team has 2 or 3 players near the top in each category (TD's both rushing, passing, receptions, yardage, tackles). Yep we lost some "key" players this year but the Cougars haven't quit. So don't count us out just yet.

newbie here to the whole internet,high school football thing here ...what is this unauthorized website thingy,would love to see some 1A stat leaders.....dont have to spell it out just point me in the right direction

newbie here to the whole internet,high school football thing here ...what is this unauthorized website thingy,would love to see some 1A stat leaders.....dont have to spell it out just point me in the right direction

Good question - it wasn't until I typed in the "unauthorized website" one time and it got automatically changed that I realized what was going on.  CoachT.com doesn't like it when you type M-A-X-P-R-E-P-S dot com (without the dashes).  Some teams (but certainly not all 1A schools) send their stats to that website.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Here's my final take on this one.  It's pretty obvious CWood is not a good team this year (for whatever reason - I'm sure we'll hear about it now that I've said this).  So if CA can't handily beat CWood (and I'm talking 3+ TDs), then CA has zero chance of challenging for the 10A title.

Edited by NCSdad1962

Collinwood probably isn't as bad as you might think...their schedule has been, and will be brutal.  Plus they are trying to learn a entire new system cause there was a coaching change.  A couple of guys got injured last week and that won't help.  I thought the defense went south after Lockley got hurt in the second quarter cause they had to shuffle the secondary and that's the last think you want when the opposing qb is a quality passer.  He was also collinwoods best offensive threat but IKI hope he will play this week?  I understand they also lost another good all around player who hurt his foot and I have no idea if he will be back.  I think it will be a good game...Collinwood just needs to develop three or four plays they can execute consistently and they will be ok against most teams.