3-0 Campbell County vs. 3-0 Anderson County preview

Mav4life

Good morning all. Nice to wake up with a great win last night not so nice having to catch early ferry ride over the very cold Puget sound waters but anything worth living in Seattle where I call home. A big Congradulations tyo Cougars just coming into Maverick Stadium. They played there heart out.

I am first and for most proud of the Mavericks offense as always unstoppable but defense is showing championship material wow they are the real thing. Special thanks to the kicker and holder it takes both I know from experience. The staff put it together but that was not done last night in fact I remember last summer when that was in the works OK I am biased but a big congradulatons to All AC Staff in my heart still the best in the state and I am entitled to my opinion LOL good job guy! If I started to name names well I would have too many. So enjoy Mavs you played like Champions and you have your reward today!

Sign off ready for work

Edited by Seahawks2014

In the second Half the Defense for AC forced the following for CC:

4 punts

1 INT

1 Turnover on Downs

The Defense also held A CC team that has averaged over 50pts a game to 0 second half points and 14 for the game

Johnson and Green each had a pick for the game

It is reported that AC had over 360 yards rushing for the night with 4 rushing TD's

Fox led in rushing with 177 yards and 1TD

Smith had 111 yards rushing with 2 TD's and the play of the game IMO

Johnson had 1 rushing TD and 1 receiving.

Going into the game I thought AC would be overall the better team and would come out with the win, but I never imagined that we would Dominate the way we did, that was suprising to me a bit.  Campbell Co had a lot of bodies around the Line of scrimmage and AC still ran for over 360 yards and 4 rushing TD's, that shows a lot about this AC team.  I have to say that the game plan for the Mavs in the second half on defense was Phenominal, Jonathan knew exactly what to do and the players executed it to perfection.  I said coming into the game that it was not about the 1 on 1 matchups that CC thought they had an advantage of that would prove this game, but if we could pressure the QB and just knock the timing off on the routes we would stop them, Jeffers looked very frustrated in the second half and that is what we needed to do, a lot of their offense seems to be about throwing to open areas where they feel the D has given ground and is not so much the QB hitting open receivers.  I can only think of about 5 or 6 pass plays that CC threw that were more than 10 yards in the game and that resulted in 1 TD on the first possession and 2 INTS and not much else, I hope CC can figure our a way to complement the short passing game with some intermediate and deep passing and they need to get a running game established or they will not go very far in the playoffs and I hope they do.  There were multiple times where Jeffers was throwing the ball without looking where it was going because he was turning to avoid the hit from the Blitz.  He will need help around him to keep that from happening if CC wants to make a run because OR has some players on Defense that will exploit that very quickly and I honestly fear for Jeffers safety if Middleton gets any free shots on him like he took last night.  I wish CC a great rest of the season, but I fear that the blueprint is out there on how to shut down the offense and their defense can not take a game on their back like the offense has been able too.  Did anyone else notice that in the 2nd qtr CC ran a quad set (4 receivers on one side) to the field side and had some good success, but did not run that set not one time in the second half?  That was suprising to me because I thought that they had generated a numbers mismatch that AC did not correct in the 2nd qtr, I know AC probably had a set in place for it by halftime, but if I was CC I think I would have lined it up at least once just to see if AC did adjust.

Ok, so I know this is a high school thread and all but there has been a lot of talk on here this week about the Norris and Laffollette game that Lafollette ended in the first qtr this past week.  I stated earlier in the week that I would like to see the video, well now I have and you can see it as well and come up with your own conclusions, here is the video:

http://vimeo.com/106004513

here is what I have come up with on the personal fouls, let me know if you see it differently:

1st personal foul - Called against Norris for ruffing the punter, it was a good call because the defender never hit the ball, however it was not a flagrant as the player almost blocked it and had he blocked it there would have been no flag

2nd personal foul - Called against Lafollette - #2 for the Owls throws a punch and hits #3 in the helmet, it is plain as day and was called, the player by rule should have been ejected but either way it still happened and was called.

3rd personal foul - Called against Norris for a block in the back on a punt return, this was a good call and a standard play/penalty, however they also threw a flag for a Clip on #18 against Norris for a Clip which when you watch it on film looked like a bad call, but either way one was called.

4th personal foul - Called against Lafollette on #53 for jerking a Norris player down by the face mask, this looked pretty intentional.

5th personal foul - Called against Lafollette on a player for punching a Norris player in the stomach, could not see it on film or the number, but this player was ejected.

6th personal foul - Called against Norris on a player for pancaking a Lafollette player, in normal play this would not have been a personal foul, however with the way the game was going I have no problem what so ever with the official making this call to try and clean it up as the game was getting real chippy, and do not fool yourself, that is the only reason this was called

7th personal foul - now this is the last play of the game, I am assuming this is the play that the Norris player got ejected for targeting, I am only assuming this because no where else was a Norris player ejected, I have watched this play 15 times and have yet to find a penalty, I may not be seeing it, but if you see it on the film please point it out to me. 

so after the breakdown this is what we have:

3 personal fouls called against Lafollette - one of which was an ejection for fighting, one of which should have been and ejection for throwing a punch and hitting a player in the helmet, and one that was a pretty ruff play with the face mask being grabbed and the player being jerked down by it

4 personal fouls called against Norris - one for a running into the punter which was a normal football play seeing how he was inches from making the block, it was a good call, but nothing out of the ordinary - one for a block in the back on a punt return, once again, not arguing the call, but no malicious intent - one for a pancake block that I have no problem with calling but feel the only reason it was called was because of the way the game was headed and then the last one that I have yet to see any proof of any penalty actually being committed. 

So here is where I stand on this whole thing:

First the game was not even close to being out of the normal violent and I feel that the administrator had no grounds to stand on for calling it for the reasons they are stating.

second is if I am a CC fan and I was there or I have seen this video I think I would be second guessing labeling Norris out to be bad guys here, if after watching the video you still feel that way than I believe you have another agenda other than the safety of the kids.  What this appears to boil down to if wanting to take the best team and punish them to give everyone else a shot because Lafollette has no case in this one after watching the video.  Not only is the play not that violent or ruff to begin with, but the "non football" plays in my eyes were mostly done by the Lafollette team. 

It is a shame in my opinion to try and label the players and coaches for Norris as cheap shotters or head hunters when you have no ground to stand on and you are trying to drag a good program through the mud for no reason what so ever.  Clinton had no problem playing them and neither will Lake City.

Mav4 I really like ur post you have nothing personnel in it. And everybody knows who I am so I am bias. I was there and like you I didn't think it was getting bad enough to call it so asked the refs as they left the field why it was called he said he heard the Norris coach tell his kids things so he recommended to the ad to call it and he would report it. Now about last night cc I thought won the 1st half but was still tied. Ac coaches made great adjustments at half and dominated second half so hats off to them

After watching the video 10 times the LaFollette coaches and AD are pathetic for their whining. But coaches sometimes do that and call the media when they're wimps. So let's give em that. The person who needs to be disciplined here is the conference administrator quoted in the LaFollette paper. Was Bruce his last name? I haven't gone back to check. It seems he was there at the game. Let's assume he was. He was clearly upset when he was interviewed and showed a complete lack of objectivity. But if he was there the video shows he should have been upset not at Norris but at LaFollette. Does such a man need to be an administrator for a football conference?

Edited by TomJoad

After watching the video 10 times the LaFollette coaches and AD are pathetic for their whining. But coaches sometimes do that and call the media when they're wimps. So let's give em that. The person who needs to be disciplined here is the conference administrator quoted in the LaFollette paper. Was Bruce his last name? I haven't gone back to check. It seems he was there at the game. Let's assume he was. He was clearly upset when he was interviewed and showed a complete lack of objectivity. But if he was there the video shows he should have been upset not at Norris but at LaFollette. Does such a man need to be an administrator for a football conference?

This is what I was posting about earier in the week when I said everyone needed to take a deep breath until we saw the video, you had a CC team in an incident in CC, being reported about in a CC paper with interviews by CC AD and overseen by a CC administer all being agges on by CC fans, not a whole lot of biparticism there, thats why I wanted to post the video for everyone to see for themselves

This is what I was posting about earier in the week when I said everyone needed to take a deep breath until we saw the video, you had a CC team in an incident in CC, being reported about in a CC paper with interviews by CC AD and overseen by a CC administer all being agges on by CC fans, not a whole lot of biparticism there, thats why I wanted to post the video for everyone to see for themselves

I agree and thanks for posting it. That CC administrator needs to be canned cause he has shown he can't be evenhanded.

What is a conference administrator? I have never heard of such a thing. We do not use one at the high school level. The tmsaa should be in charge of a middle school game along with officials who made the calls. Is the conference admin a self appointed thing? It is laughable to me that football was too rough. I attended the game, saw one quarter of physical football. The officials called the game fairly, and it was unfortunate that the adult in charge decided to stop the game and cheat both teams out of an opportunity to play the game. His press comments just add insult to his poor decision. Let the teams play. Conference administrators don't call off the game when Fulton, alcoa ,and Maryville end up on your schedule. They let the kids play.

What is a conference administrator? I have never heard of such a thing. We do not use one at the high school level. The tmsaa should be in charge of a middle school game along with officials who made the calls. Is the conference admin a self appointed thing? It is laughable to me that football was too rough. I attended the game, saw one quarter of physical football. The officials called the game fairly, and it was unfortunate that the adult in charge decided to stop the game and cheat both teams out of an opportunity to play the game. His press comments just add insult to his poor decision. Let the teams play. Conference administrators don't call off the game when Fulton, alcoa ,and Maryville end up on your schedule. They let the kids play.

Ha, even more of a reason to can him!

It must be hard for CC fans players everyone they wanted to beat AC so bad they thought this is their year. Jacksboro and Lafollette got beat by Norris in 5qts of play. Eagles and owls ended up with over -100 total yards...lol AC has some football players from Norris and LC.. LC will play Norris what does that tell you CC? SOFT! CC you better keep cupcakes on your schedule because OR will dominate this district. AC will half to deal with Fulton..