Big Games in Memphis - Week 3 Games

kwc

BGIM Standings after Week 3:

1) olddevil ……………………..…....… 38-6 ... 0.864 (86.4%)

2) Cardsfan ……………………....…… 37-7 … 0.841 (84.1%)

t-3) BARTLETTHSGRAD04 …......…. 35-9 … 0.795 (79.5%)

t-3) kwc ………....…………………..…. 35-9

t-3) Havengrad04 ……..…….…..…… 35-9

6) toinemac .................................. 18-5 ... 0.783 (78.3%)*

7) dannyq ………………....….…..….. 34-10 … 0.773 (77.3%)

8) pgskinred ……………....….…..….. 32-12 … 0.727 (72.7%)

t-9) dou …………………………………….……….. 25-10 … 0.714 (71.4%)**

t-9) Wingman10 ............................. 15-6 … 0.714 (71.4%)***

t-11) TNHSFOOTBALLFAN ….…..… 31-13 … 0.705 (70.5%)

t-11) Rob_M ……………………....….. 31-3

13) BigDave1967 …………….......….. 12-6 … 0.667 (66.7%)****

14) BlackhavenSenator …..….....…… 29-15 … 0.659 (65.9%)

15) ChrisBurr55555 ......................... 5-7 ... 0.417 (41.7) *****

*= only participated in week 0 and week 2

**= missed week 0

***= only participated in week 1 and week 3

****= only participated in week 0 and week 1

*****= only participated in week 3

Pulling up the rear, still  -_-

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BGIM Week 3 Results:

t-1) Havengrad04 .............. 11-1 ... 0.917 (91.7%)

t-1) olddevil ...................... 11-1

t-1) Wingman10 ................ 11-1

t-1) cardsfan ..................... 11-1

t-5) BlackhavenSenator ...... 10-2 ... 0.833 (83.3%)

t-5) dannyq ...................... 10-2

t-5) kwc ........................... 10-2

t-5) pigskinred .................. 10-2

t-9) Rob_M ......................... 9-3 ... 0.750 (75%)

t-9) dou .............................. 9-3

t-9) dhstennis ...................... 9-3

t-9) TNHSFOOTBALLFAN ........ 9-3

t-9) BARTLETTHSGRAD04 ....... 9-3

14) ChrisBurr5555 ................. 5-7 ... 0.417 (41.7%)

One wrong prediction huh, I bet you guys think y'all are Hot Stuff like Eddie Gilbert LOL

In order to serve crow, one must be a participant. Owlbooster shows up when he feels that one of his precious D-2 teams has been slighted. At the first opportunity to 'show someone up' ... he appears. Otherwise he just lurks. However, it's good to hear from the ole' Owlbooster from time to time.

Now ... if Owlbooster had the guts to participate ... that's another story altogether. What say ye Owlbooster?

Not taking the bait.  I come on here sometimes to poke fun at those public school fans - BHS in particular - who go a bit overboard in their zeal to see MUS and/or CBHS lose.  You in particular have been particularly harsh in your comments about CBHS to the point where half your toadies picked them to lose to W Memphis.  I have never denigrated any program nor been malicious in my teases. I don't like the tone of your post.  I won't be back.

Not taking the bait.  I come on here sometimes to poke fun at those public school fans - BHS in particular - who go a bit overboard in their zeal to see MUS and/or CBHS lose.  You in particular have been particularly harsh in your comments about CBHS to the point where half your toadies picked them to lose to W Memphis.  I have never denigrated any program nor been malicious in my teases. I don't like the tone of your post.  I won't be back.

Let me see if I get this right. You can poke fun. But I can't poke fun back? 

Sorry to see you leave over a 'tone'.

Edited by kwc

MUS is HAPPY to scrimmage US... They could very easily do a Home/Home like CBHS did with us in '09-'10... but they'd rather Scrimmage and/or play South Panola

I'm sure there's much more to the scheduling than you, I, KWC or anybody on this blog has ANY IDEA.  At least none of you Whitehaven zealots are foolish enough to suggest MUS is AVOIDING anybody locally when they have been scheduling the likes of S Panola, Olive Branch and White Station (who did NOT demand a home/home arrangement).

I asked only once about the situation with Whitehaven and was told this: "the last time we played there the locals threw bricks at the team bus."  I have no idea how long ago that occurred.  Pretty sure it was not a varsity game.  But it seems to have made a lasting impression. So I have been resigned that we will scrimmage them at our place every August ant that will have to suffice.  And we will continue to have to travel to Mississippi, Arkansas, Nashville, Ohio or wherever to fill our schedule with the best competition possible.

With the TSSAA counting ALL losses in determining which publics make the playoffs and their seeding, you can bet your behind that that IS at least a factor in who will play MUS, BA, Ensworth etc.  All the privates make the playoffs, so there is no disincentive to playing ANYBODY.

"Precious D-2 teams" "show somebody up" ??? That has a tone of malice to it NOT just "poking fun back" YOUR BLOG YOUR RULES. I understand. No problem. Sayonara.

Owlbooster:

I have no idea what goes on in your head when you read stuff. Yeah, I said precious D-2, and I said show somebody up.

You poke fun. I poke fun. That's how it goes.

If you read malice ... I can't help that.

There was no malice on my part. You can believe me or not. That's up to you.

Edited by kwc

Owlbooster:

I have no idea what goes on in your head wheen you read stuff. Yeah, I said precious D-2, and I said show somebody up.

You poke fun. I poke fun. That's how it goes.

If you read malice ... I can't help that.

There was no malice on my part. You can believe me or not. That's up to you.

OWLBOOSTER has a thin skin. This is a fun blog and that is what we should treat it as. Quit pouting Owl Booster. 

I'm sure there's much more to the scheduling than you, I, KWC or anybody on this blog has ANY IDEA.  At least none of you Whitehaven zealots are foolish enough to suggest MUS is AVOIDING anybody locally when they have been scheduling the likes of S Panola, Olive Branch and White Station (who did NOT demand a home/home arrangement).

I asked only once about the situation with Whitehaven and was told this: "the last time we played there the locals threw bricks at the team bus."  I have no idea how long ago that occurred.  Pretty sure it was not a varsity game.  But it seems to have made a lasting impression. So I have been resigned that we will scrimmage them at our place every August ant that will have to suffice.  And we will continue to have to travel to Mississippi, Arkansas, Nashville, Ohio or wherever to fill our schedule with the best competition possible.

With the TSSAA counting ALL losses in determining which publics make the playoffs and their seeding, you can bet your behind that that IS at least a factor in who will play MUS, BA, Ensworth etc.  All the privates make the playoffs, so there is no disincentive to playing ANYBODY.

THIS NEVER HAPPENED... MUS Scrimmaged US at DA HAVEN LAST AUGUST...

Coach Alston whether NOT lose a real game to US, there I said it. He Don't want those 2 Ls. One on the Poplar Corridor the other on Elvis Pressley Blvd.

Great points !

I'm sure there's much more to the scheduling than you, I, KWC or anybody on this blog has ANY IDEA. At least none of you Whitehaven zealots are foolish enough to suggest MUS is AVOIDING anybody locally when they have been scheduling the likes of S Panola, Olive Branch and White Station (who did NOT demand a home/home arrangement).

I asked only once about the situation with Whitehaven and was told this: "the last time we played there the locals threw bricks at the team bus." I have no idea how long ago that occurred. Pretty sure it was not a varsity game. But it seems to have made a lasting impression. So I have been resigned that we will scrimmage them at our place every August ant that will have to suffice. And we will continue to have to travel to Mississippi, Arkansas, Nashville, Ohio or wherever to fill our schedule with the best competition possible.

With the TSSAA counting ALL losses in determining which publics make the playoffs and their seeding, you can bet your behind that that IS at least a factor in who will play MUS, BA, Ensworth etc. All the privates make the playoffs, so there is no disincentive to playing ANYBODY.

You see the part I just made bold. That in a nutshell is the problem.