Big Games in Memphis - Week 3 Games

kwc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owlbooster:

I have no idea what goes on in your head when you read stuff. Yeah, I said precious D-2, and I said show somebody up.

You poke fun. I poke fun. That's how it goes.

If you read malice ... I can't help that.

There was no malice on my part. You can believe me or not. That's up to you.

There is a NEGATIVE connotation when when you characterize anybody as "showing up" somebody else, which you accuse me of jumping out of hiding to do. If you can't see that, then so be it.   It should be plainly obvious from my dripping sarcasm that I am truly, unlike you, "poking fun" at certain posters. And I would never use the term "precious Whitehaven" (or publics) referring to you.  That's actually more condescending than malicious.

For you to belittle an HONEST program with an HONORABLE ooach playing an UPGRADED schedule like CBHS does NOT serve you well.  In fact, it belittles YOU. 

THIS NEVER HAPPENED... MUS Scrimmaged US at DA HAVEN LAST AUGUST...

Coach Alston whether NOT lose a real game to US, there I said it. He Don't want those 2 Ls. One on the Poplar Corridor the other on Elvis Pressley Blvd.

You are TOTALLY full of it.  That's right. we're DUCKING you so we can play Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, South Panola, Fayetteville, etc.  PLEASE!!!  How MORONIC!!!

And BTW who is the "Poplar Corridor" team we are avoiding???

You are TOTALLY full of it.  That's right. we're DUCKING you so we can play Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, South Panola, Fayetteville, etc.  PLEASE!!!  How MORONIC!!!

And BTW who is the "Poplar Corridor" team we are avoiding???

MUS is around the Poplar Corridor and don't want it with Whitehaven in a REAL game... Yes keep going out of town to feel GOOD about your out of league games (Mostly Losses) instead of jumping on I-240 to I-55 for a beating! 

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

You see the part I just made bold. That in a nutshell is the problem.

So be it.  I can live with it.  I have NOT, as BHS just did, accused your coach of being afraid to play us because of fear of losing.  A ridiculous statement but not really surprising based on his history of making inflammatory (and often stupid) posts.

I don't know how to make "bold"  the part in my statement about the "brick throwing" incident. I have heard about it from more than one source including the parents of players on the bus. As I said, pretty sure it was NOT a varsity event and NOT recent.

Nonetheless, whether right or wrong, unfounded or not in 2014, the administration at MUS apparently does not want to play at Whitehaven based on safety concerns.  This is why I made all those joking comments in the past about not being able to come to a Whitehaven playoff game because my HumVee was in the shop and my Kevlar vest was at the cleaners....

But you know what?  There's always a neutral site, isn't there?  Why not?  They've played at the Liberty Bowl. They agree to scrimmage each other every August.   However, as I said in another post, there are always more factors involved in scheduling than you or I am privy to, and it's NOT that either team is avoiding playing a "real game" against the other for fear of losing. The first and most obvious is that both teams have to have an OPEN date that coincides.  There are COMMITMENTS and CONTRACTS to play teams that have certain dates locked out.  South Panola recently by mutual agreement with MUS took a one year hiatus from their series to OPEN UP a date in order to play some top team in another state.  I doubt that the TSSAA is going to be able to be very flexible with Whitehaven.  Division games have priority.  Whitehaven probaby has little flexibility or options for scheduling  MUS or any non-division opponent.  Their schedule is largely locked up and/or dependent on the TSSAA.  The only good weekend ostensibly is week 0.  But then MUS seems to have decided to make that their annual "Get-Thrashed-By-Ensworth/BA Weekend" now that the Bridges Classic is defunct.

MUS is around the Poplar Corridor and don't want it with Whitehaven in a REAL game... Yes keep going out of town to feel GOOD about your out of league games (Mostly Losses) instead of jumping on I-240 to I-55 for a beating! 

You didn't answer the question.  You said MUS didn't want those "2 losses" to Whitehaven and some as yet unnamed "Poplar Corridor" team.  Cmon, tell everybody what other Memphis public team MUS is afraid. to play.  Pathetic.....

And BTW I know you always discount the scrimmages because you "win" only about half of them.   All but 2 have been close (this year was 7-0 Whitehaven on a 65 yd breakaway; last year was a 0-0 tie; as I recall) Each team has blown away the other once.  So what makes you so sure MUS would take a "beating" in a "real" game? (Please don't answer that.  It was a rhetorical question.  Besides I know EXACTLY what you would say, starting off with "bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic, more D1 prospects, etc etc etc.)

Lastly, if "fear of losing" is a motivator of Coach Alston, then why does he keep scheduling "losses" to out-of-town teams? Is a loss to them less motivating than a loss to Whitehaven? You contradict yourself.

Edited by owlbooster

So be it.  I can live with it.  I have NOT, as BHS just did, accused your coach of being afraid to play us because of fear of losing.  A ridiculous statement but not really surprising based on his history of making inflammatory (and often stupid) posts.

I don't know how to make "bold"  the part in my statement about the "brick throwing" incident. I have heard about it from more than one source including the parents of players on the bus. As I said, pretty sure it was NOT a varsity event and NOT recent.

Nonetheless, whether right or wrong, unfounded or not in 2014, the administration at MUS apparently does not want to play at Whitehaven based on safety concerns.  This is why I made all those joking comments in the past about not being able to come to a Whitehaven playoff game because my HumVee was in the shop and my Kevlar vest was at the cleaners....

But you know what?  There's always a neutral site, isn't there?  Why not?  They've played at the Liberty Bowl. They agree to scrimmage each other every August.   However, as I said in another post, there are always more factors involved in scheduling than you or I am privy to, and it's NOT that either team is avoiding playing a "real game" against the other for fear of losing. The first and most obvious is that both teams have to have an OPEN date that coincides.  There are COMMITMENTS and CONTRACTS to play teams that have certain dates locked out.  South Panola recently by mutual agreement with MUS took a one year hiatus from their series to OPEN UP a date in order to play some top team in another state.  I doubt that the TSSAA is going to be able to be very flexible with Whitehaven.  Division games have priority.  Whitehaven probaby has little flexibility or options for scheduling  MUS or any non-division opponent.  Their schedule is largely locked up and/or dependent on the TSSAA.  The only good weekend ostensibly is week 0.  But then MUS seems to have decided to make that their annual "Get-Thrashed-By-Ensworth/BA Weekend" now that the Bridges Classic is defunct.

I will continue to make Inflammatory (Stupid) post as you said when I feel like I'm getting Stupid, idiotic, hatin' Arse post from the likes of folks like you... 

So yeah Whitehaven has PLENTY of foresight regarding Scheduling however ALSTON or that AD would rather take Ls out of town (Hoover, USP, OB, MBA, BA, Ensworth, etc) instead of simply scheduling a game in the first 4 weeks of any season in the NEAR future with Whitehaven. The Fairley game isn't as profitable for Da Haven so I've heard. The Ridgeway game could always be you folks (that's an out of conference game for Da Haven) (MUS and Ridgeway are literally across the street from each other; BOTH are on the Poplar Corridor). MUS finally came to Whitehaven last year to SCRIMMAGE. There are NO SAFETY CONCERNS. MUS wants to get over (money wise) and as I said Whitehaven aint going. We the Show in the City. 

You didn't answer the question.  You said MUS didn't want those "2 losses" to Whitehaven and some as yet unnamed "Poplar Corridor" team.  Cmon, tell everybody what other Memphis public team MUS is afraid. to play.  Pathetic.....

And BTW I know you always discount the scrimmages because you "win" only about half of them.   All but 2 have been close (this year was 7-0 Whitehaven on a 65 yd breakaway; last year was a 0-0 tie; as I recall) Each team has blown away the other once.  So what makes you so sure MUS would take a "beating" in a "real" game? (Please don't answer that.  It was a rhetorical question.  Besides I know EXACTLY what you would say, starting off with "bigger, faster, stronger, more athletic, more D1 prospects, etc etc etc.)

Lastly, if "fear of losing" is a motivator of Coach Alston, then why does he keep scheduling "losses" to out-of-town teams? Is a loss to them less motivating than a loss to Whitehaven? You contradict yourself.

Keep up... What I'm saying is the 2 Ls in 2 separate seasons... One at Da Haven the other in the Poplar Corridor at Y'all House SMH

Y'all don't want to suffer the same fate as CBHS in '09 and '10 is what I'm saying.