Big Games in Memphis - Week 3 Games

kwc

We did a home and home with science hill kwc.

BA already plays the toughest schedule in the state of tn. Number one the last 2 years according to cal preps. Top 50 national

Whitehaves is 82nd in the state and 2300 nationally. I don't know that BA is the one who should be picking up the phone to improve their schedule

Don't kid yourself ... Whitehaven doesn't play MUS for the same reason brentwood high doesn't play BA . Or the Murfreesboro schools do not play

Did I sound like I was kidding?

Again, Home/Home ... put up or shut up.

It's that plain and simple.

Look, Whitehaven is not Ridgeway, White Station, or anybody else. You want us to come to you ... then you return the favor. That's it.

Anything else is just talk.

Edited by kwc

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did a home and home with science hill kwc.

BA already plays the toughest schedule in the state of tn. Number one the last 2 years according to cal preps. Top 50 national

Whitehaves is 82nd in the state and 2300 nationally. I don't know that BA is the one who should be picking up the phone to improve their schedule

Don't kid yourself ... Whitehaven doesn't play MUS for the same reason brentwood high doesn't play BA . Or the Murfreesboro schools do not play

MUS is HAPPY to scrimmage US... They could very easily do a Home/Home like CBHS did with us in '09-'10... but they'd rather Scrimmage and/or play South Panola

I have never known any private here who does not do a home - home with a good team. Ensworth is going down to giles county. BA just did a home- home with at xavier ohio and with science hill .

So are you saying no one will play whitehaven? Wasn't Sacred Heart Griffin a one and done?

Did I sound like I was kidding?

Again, Home/Home ... put up or shut up.

It's that plain and simple.

Look, Whitehaven is not Ridgeway, White Station, or anybody else. You want us to come to you ... then you return the favor. That's it.

Anything else is just talk.

I was not saying whitehaven fears playing anyone just politics - a general dislike of the privates and the risk of athletes leaving . Even though I never understood that one.

If MUS will not play at whitehaven then okay I get that

MUS is HAPPY to scrimmage US... They could very easily do a Home/Home like CBHS did with us in '09-'10... but they'd rather Scrimmage and/or play South Panola

I have never known any private here who does not do a home - home with a good team. Ensworth is going down to giles county. BA just did a home- home with at xavier ohio and with science hill .

So are you saying no one will play whitehaven? Wasn't Sacred Heart Griffin a one and done?

SHG was supposed to be a NEUTRAL SITE game in Nashville, then it was supposed to be at SIU, some way it ended up being a Flat out ROAD game at their place. They Pulled the okie doke

Edited by BlackHavenSenator

Sacred Heart was a one and done. That one was SUPPOSE to be at a neutral site. Low and behold ... it ends up being played at SHG.

I'm not saying that they (CBHS and MUS) WON'T play Whitehaven, because they will ... just not a home - home.

Would he interesting to hear why they will not. I know we had liberty tech at home both games and MBA had pearl cohn at their house last 2 years.

All political ... Out of state games are fun but would seem an MUS - Whitehaven matchup would be a lot of fun to watch. Schools are so close ... How about a neutral site split the gate?

Sacred Heart was a one and done. That one was SUPPOSE to be at a neutral site. Low and behold ... it ends up being played at SHG.

I'm not saying that they (CBHS and MUS) WON'T play Whitehaven, because they will ... just not a home - home.

Would he interesting to hear why they will not. I know we had liberty tech at home both games and MBA had pearl cohn at their house last 2 years.

All political ... Out of state games are fun but would seem an MUS - Whitehaven matchup would be a lot of fun to watch. Schools are so close ... How about a neutral site split the gate?

baylorbigdog1976:

It's an issue. You would have to be in the room with the MUS and CBHS administration when these types of discussions take place amoungst themselves. We are talking about some extremely smart and well connected people. If they wanted to make these types of games happen ... they could. 

However, I don't see any need for a neutral site game with two schools here in the city. When you strip away all of the trappings and you get down to the nitty gritty. It's just downright ugly.

Just take my word for it. This is Memphis ... not Nashville and not Knoxville. Attitudes here are not like it is in those cities.

Home and Home. If it's not that just forget it.

It's why they don't play each other. If anybody tells you anything different. They are blowing smoke up your rear end!

Edited by kwc

Kevin Locastro and CBHS weren't scared to do it... We (like My senior year) played MUS in the "Bridge Builder's Classic" in the Liberty Bowl and WON... Its all about the Money... These folks want to KEEP ALL the MONEY and then Claim they got safety concerns LOL. These folks want to get over and Whitehaven aint going.

BGIM - Week 3 (The Tumultuous Twelve)

Friday's Games: (September 12, 2014)

Game 2: Murfreesboro Oakland 35, Arlington 3

Game 3: Covington 14, Brighton 19

Game 4: Central 12, Whitehaven 15

Game 5: West Memphis 7, CBHS 42

Game 6: Collierville 15, Cordova 0

Game 7: East 28, White Station 27

Game 8: St. Georges 22, ECS 45

Game 9: Tipton-Rosemark Aca. 21, FACS 42

Game 10: MUS 30, Liberty Tech 12

Game 11: Munford 13, Millington 41

Game 12: Ridgeway 22, Henry County 15

Monday's Game: (September 15)

Game 1: Trezevant 45, Fairley 0

Edited by kwc

BGIM Week 3 Results:

t-1) Havengrad04 .............. 11-1 ... 0.917 (91.7%)

t-1) olddevil ...................... 11-1

t-1) Wingman10 ................ 11-1

t-1) cardsfan ..................... 11-1

t-5) BlackhavenSenator ...... 10-2 ... 0.833 (83.3%)

t-5) dannyq ...................... 10-2

t-5) kwc ........................... 10-2

t-5) pigskinred .................. 10-2

t-9) Rob_M ......................... 9-3 ... 0.750 (75%)

t-9) dou .............................. 9-3

t-9) dhstennis ...................... 9-3

t-9) TNHSFOOTBALLFAN ........ 9-3

t-9) BARTLETTHSGRAD04 ....... 9-3

14) ChrisBurr5555 ................. 5-7 ... 0.417 (41.7%)

Edited by kwc

BGIM Standings after Week 3:

1) olddevil ……………………..…....… 38-6 ... 0.864 (86.4%)

2) Cardsfan ……………………....…… 37-7 … 0.841 (84.1%)

t-3) BARTLETTHSGRAD04 …......…. 35-9 … 0.795 (79.5%)

t-3) kwc ………....…………………..…. 35-9

t-3) Havengrad04 ……..…….…..…… 35-9

6) toinemac .................................. 18-5 ... 0.783 (78.3%)*

7) dannyq ………………....….…..….. 34-10 … 0.773 (77.3%)

8) pgskinred ……………....….…..….. 32-12 … 0.727 (72.7%)

t-9) dou …………………………………….……….. 25-10 … 0.714 (71.4%)**

t-9) Wingman10 ............................. 15-6 … 0.714 (71.4%)***

t-11) TNHSFOOTBALLFAN ….…..… 31-13 … 0.705 (70.5%)

t-11) Rob_M ……………………....….. 31-3

13) BigDave1967 …………….......….. 12-6 … 0.667 (66.7%)****

14) BlackhavenSenator …..….....…… 29-15 … 0.659 (65.9%)

15) ChrisBurr55555 ......................... 5-7 ... 0.417 (41.7) *****

*= only participated in week 0 and week 2

**= missed week 0

***= only participated in week 1 and week 3

****= only participated in week 0 and week 1

*****= only participated in week 3

Edited by kwc