District 9AA- 2014-2015

buledievlpdrie

Mo-town sure showed me who was boss against the Patriots.  Heritage will have to realize that Sizemore, Cunningham, and Bailey ain't there anymore.  This was really surprising to me based upon earlier games.  We'll see if Petrone can get them turned around and believing in themselves.  I'm still not counting them out yet and I think they will find their identity and play more competitively as the season progresses.  Kramm and Demaris must step it up to take some of the scoring pressure off the guards and become more multi dimensional.

Who ya got tonight?

sycamore  @ westmoreland

I haven't seen westmoreland play yet this year but based off of their dominating performance of heritage I would say they should win this game at home.

Harpeth  @ cheatham 

SHould be a great game between two of the better teams in the district

White House @ greenbrier 

With greenbrier being at home I think this game is going to be a close game and come down to the end to determine the winner

Heritage @ merrol hyde (should be another easy victory for the patriots).

Edited by buledievlpdrie

Who ya got tonight?

sycamore @ westmoreland

I haven't seen westmoreland play yet this year but based off of their dominating performance of heritage I would say they should win this game at home.

Harpeth @ cheatham

White House @ greenbrier

With greenbrier being at home I think this game is going to be a close game and come down to the end to determine the winner

I'll pick Motown,Cheatham, Greenbriar and Heritage. I think home court will matter in all games but the Patriots

Who ya got tonight?

sycamore  @ westmoreland

Harpeth  @ cheatham 

White House @ greenbrier 

Depends on which Westmoreland team shows up...if its the one that played WHH Friday night they win easy over Sycamore. my pick Westmoreland.

At 62 points per game avg. Cheatham appears to have the Offense to put a whooping on Harpeth. Can Harpeth stop em.  my pick Cheatham

Does not Appear Greenbrier has meshed as a team yet with only one win this season. If they happen to pull it together tonight they will give WH a game if not White House pulls out the victory. my pick White House

Heritage wins easy vs Merrol Hyde team that is small and young.  

Depends on which Westmoreland team shows up...if its the one that played WHH Friday night they win easy over Sycamore. my pick Westmoreland.

At 62 points per game avg. Cheatham appears to have the Offense to put a whooping on Harpeth. Can Harpeth stop em. my pick Cheatham

Does not Appear Greenbrier has meshed as a team yet with only one win this season. If they happen to pull it together tonight they will give WH a game if not White House pulls out the victory. my pick White House

Heritage wins easy vs Merrol Hyde team that is small and young.

Wow I did not know that Greenbriar has only one win. Guess that big guy hasn't got going yet

sounds like cheatham must be the REAL deal. im assuming since they are winning so easily that they try to press and pressure and force the other teams to get out of their game. but as an old wise man once said teams that like press and pressure dont like to be pressed and pressured. will be interesting to see how they will fair up against the other side of region and trying to play same game style. 

Cheatham hasn't been doing much full court pressing at all. They do play good man to man def. They are big all starting five are 6ft or bigger, 1-4 can handle the ball and will push it off the rebound, took good shots and are getting solid minutes from bench in Lucas, and Lipscomb. Douglas and Gaines are tough on the glass and in the post. Douglas dropped 45 on Page with 16 boards. Not many Rural schools going to play with them. Creekwood can for sure, haven't seen any other AA yet.

Wow I did not know that Greenbriar has only one win. Guess that big guy hasn't got going yet

Yep, only one!...and it's embarrassing for all involved!!  Been around this town for years and don't really remember when or if basketball was ever a big deal. In my opinion, that's what happens when the coaches don't coach, the principal doesn't hold the stipend payees accountable and the players don't play hard and aren't dedicated...there's no passion. The team isn't entered into any pre-season scrimmages OR Holiday tournaments...so they can get better and make that district tourney run in January and February...and, therefore, you have no 'program.'

The current girls coach tried to build one at the middle school a few years back...and was successful with probably the best class of pure basketball players in history, but the political/educational naysayer/back-stabbers didn't like him and he could only take so much, so he quit.

GHS hasn't had a real program in years because nobody seems to care about this sport.  Instead, we have a bunch of quasi-administrative nerds in charge that are apathetic and always seem to find a way to cowardly get rid of qualified and competent people...and keep the unqualified and incompetent.  Right now, our gym is just a place for parents and the dedicated few to hang out on regular Tuesday and Friday game nights.  And, again, it's just pitiful to see, really.  Our children deserve better leadership. (Please NOTE:  We have an AWESOME dance team and I'd say it's worth the price of admission just to see them perform; they're VERY entertaining!)

The team has some talent and b'ball IQ (not on the level of Craig Bradshaw, who was smarter and wiser than your average homegrown/hometown stud and the best player to EVER come out of here), but nobody's making it synergize on the game floor.  The worst part is that we're flat-out getting beat by less-talented teams. That's the REAL shame!

My truthful 2¢. Sorry for the rant.

Edited by 5-Sport Dad

Yep, only one!...and it's embarrassing for all involved!!  Been around this town for years and don't really remember when or if basketball was ever a big deal. In my opinion, that's what happens when the coaches don't coach, the principal doesn't hold the stipend payees accountable and the players don't play hard and aren't dedicated...there's no passion. The team isn't entered into any pre-season scrimmages OR Holiday tournaments...so they can get better and make that district tourney run in January and February...and, therefore, you have no 'program.'

The current girls coach tried to build one at the middle school a few years back...and was successful with probably the best class of pure basketball players in history, but the political/educational naysayer/back-stabbers didn't like him and he could only take so much, so he quit.

GHS hasn't had a real program in years because nobody seems to care about this sport.  Instead, we have a bunch of quasi-administrative nerds in charge that are apathetic and always seem to find a way to cowardly get rid of qualified and competent people...and keep the unqualified and incompetent.  Right now, our gym is just a place for parents and the dedicated few to hang out on regular Tuesday and Friday game nights.  And, again, it's just pitiful to see, really.  Our children deserve better leadership. (Please NOTE:  We have an AWESOME dance team and I'd say it's worth the price of admission just to see them perform; they're VERY entertaining!)

The team has some talent and b'ball IQ (not on the level of Craig Bradshaw, who was smarter and wiser than your average homegrown/hometown stud and the best player to EVER come out of here), but nobody's making it synergize on the game floor.  The worst part is that we're flat-out getting beat by less-talented teams. That's the REAL shame!

My truthful 2¢. Sorry for the rant.

Unfortunately its football country.  None of the gyms are really rocking.  Heritage cant even get a full cheerleader crew.  The "competition" unit does the football games but not the basketball games.  I always thought the "showstoppers" were a secret weapon for the Bobcats.  LOL!

Typically, I am not one to stir things up, but something has been bugging me. I have sat through many basketball games through the years and I saw something Friday that shocked me. No matter how heated the game, the players and coaches always do the right thing and shake each other' s hands afterwards.

I have seen one player disrespect a coach, but I chalk that up to immaturity. However, to see a coach completely bypass the line and storm off the court is uncalled for. Way to set set an example for the players. Glad my son played for coaches that set a good example.